Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NC-Drivers Flood Station for 35 Cent Gas

Drivers Flood Station for 35 Cent Gas

WILMINGTON, N.C. - Traffic was backed up and police were called to control the crowd after a Wilmington gas station accidentally set the pump price at 35 cents a gallon.

The Wilmington Star-News reported Friday that hundreds of drivers flooded a BP station for the cheap gas after the price dropped around 9 a.m. Thursday.

Station employee Shane Weller said the price for premium gasoline was supposed to be $3.35 a gallon. He complained that customers paid the cheaper price all day without saying a word.

It was all the extra traffic that led station employees to the mistake around 6 p.m. They found it after calling their district manager, looking for permission to changing the price as a way of stemming the flow of customers.

Information from: The Star-News, http://starnewsonline.com

A service of the Associated Press(AP)

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/article ... 01u800.txt
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Lucy... someone got some spanin too do
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

HAHAHAHAHA 'Ricky'

Just don't tell Fred or Ethel.........
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    HAHAHAHAHA 'Ricky'

Just don't tell Fred or Ethel.........
    I had too say it... I just had too ... Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I heard on tv this morning the station is going back and charging credit card customers an additional $3 per gallon.

MW
    had_enuf wrote:

I heard on tv this morning the station is going back and charging credit card customers an additional $3 per gallon.
    I don't see how they can legally do that. The gas was advertised at .35 a gallon and the customer signed the credit card receipt. There is a serious problem when a store can add charges to a persons credit card without their authorization, especially when it happens after the initial purchase.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn