Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NC-Town hall crowd vents wide-ranging anger at Rep. Spratt

Town hall crowd vents wide-ranging anger at Rep. Spratt

Charlotte Observer
    By Matt Garfield
    mgarfield@heraldonline.com
    Posted: Friday, Sep. 04, 2009

U.S. Rep. John Spratt, D-S.C., talked to some of the crowd following a town hall meeting on health care Thursday night in Rock Hill.

ROCK HILL - A hostile crowd greeted U.S. Rep. John Spratt in his home county Thursday night, filling a 700-seat hall to voice anger over far more than health-care reform.

Many in the Rock Hill audience lashed out at illegal immigration, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and a federal government they say no longer deserves the trust of Americans.

Outside, an overflow crowd of 200 listened on portable speakers.

The loudest applause inside a packed Baxter Hood Center might have come when a Fort Mill man denounced Pelosi for one criticism of opponents of Democratic reform efforts.

“One of the things that really made me angry is being called a brown shirt,â€

added to homepage with new title

Illegal Immigration Issue A Top Concern At Town Hall Meetings!
    http://www.alipac.us/article4493.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Federal immigration laws must be enforced

It's time to take back America. These illegals are walking all over us because they have been allowed to. I am sick and tired of seeing them try to turn America into Mexico. I see them everywhere I look and they don't even try to hide. Kennedy is gone and now it's time for Pelosi, Kerry. Boxer, Feinstein, Cornyn and the rest of them who support illegal immigrants to go as well. Illegal aliens, especially from Mexico are walking all over us. We all need to unite in bringing about change or they are going to change us. I saw a video recently where Americans were called the minority and it made me sick. Please people start taking this very seriously because it is.