Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NDAA Critic Stranded On Island After Turning Up On No-fly List Is Finally Home

October 25, 2012
    in Front Page, Government

A Mississippi man has been allowed back to the United States mainland after being stranded in Hawaii last week when his name popped-up on a no-fly list mid-flight. Even still, Wade E. Hicks, Jr. says he wants some answers.
    Hicks, 34, says he’s yet to receive either an explanation or an apology from the US government as to why he was barred from flying from Hawaii to Japan to visit his wife earlier this month amid a trip that first took him from California to the island of Oahu with no complications whatsoever. Once he landed for his layover, however, Hicks was informed that his name raised a red flag on a federal no-fly list and he’d been unable to board an aircraft back to America.

“They told me I had been placed on the no-fly list even though the Transportation Security Administration had cleared me to board the plane in San Francisco,” Hicks told the Sun-Herald after being first left to fend for himself in Hawaii.
    Hicks was eventually able to make contact with lawmakers from his home state of Mississippi and urgently reached out to the press in an effort to go public with the obstacles he was experiencing with absolutely no response from the federal government.He was eventually informed after six days of being stuck in Oahu that he could return to the continental US last week, but now he says the state is staying mum as to why he ever ended up on a no-fly list to begin with.
    “They have not apologized nor given me any reason,” Hicks tells the Associated Press.
    As RT reported last week while Hicks was still stranded, he suggested to talk show host Doug Hagmann a few reasons as to why the feds may have become worried. In a nutshell, Hicks has been open about his political philosophies for some time, particularly his criticisms of the government’s handling of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks and, recently, his opposition with the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), the Obama-signed legislation that allows for the indefinite detention of any American without charge or trial.
    “I was very, very vocal about the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) and I did contact my representative”about it, Hicks told Hagmann. ”I do believe that this is tied in some way to my free speech and my political view.”
    NDAA Critic Stranded On Island After Turning Up On No-fly List Is Finally Home [continued]
    Related posts:

1. DNC Chairwoman Doesn’t Know About President Obama Kill List, NDAA
    2. NDAA Opposition, Second Michigan County Says “NO!” To Federal Kidnapping
    3. What Makes Our NDAA Lawsuit a Struggle to Save the US Constitution
    4. Obama Wins Right to Indefinitely Detain Americans Under NDAA
    5. Obama Appeals NDAA, Indefinite Detention Ban. Media Ignores it.

Last edited by kathyet; 10-25-2012 at 09:56 AM.

National Defense Authorization Act’s Detention Provision Exceeds Constitutional Bounds

October 25, 2012
    in Front Page, U.S. Constitution

It says a lot about the state of American politics today when Democrats and Republicans refuse to put partisan bickering aside for the good of the country, yet both parties are more than willing to unite to deny Americans their civil liberties, and flagrantly disregard the Constitution.
    The indefinite military detention provision in the National Defense Authorization Act, passed by Congress with bipartisan support and signed into law by President Barack Obama last year, really should not surprise anyone.

Since the PATRIOT Act snuck through Congress, it seems politicians have been scheming new and more creative ways to deny American citizens pesky things like “due process” and “equal protection under law.”
    The NDAA should be a fairly routine budget bill, passed yearly to allocate defense spending. But the most recent iteration of the law includes a provision allowing the military to arrest and detain anybody, anywhere, for any reason, for any length of time.
    Let that soak in for a moment.
    National Defense Authorization Act’s Detention Provision Exceeds Constitutional Bounds [continued]
    Related posts:

1. Obama Appeals NDAA, Indefinite Detention Ban. Media Ignores it.
    2. NDAA Opposition, Second Michigan County Says “NO!” To Federal Kidnapping
    3. Kucinich Legislation Reins in NATO, Reclaims Constitutional War Powers of Congress
    4. U.S. asks judge to undo ruling against military detention law
    5. Federal Judge Strikes Down Part of Terror Law About Indefinite Detention, NDAA

National Defense Authorization Act’s Detention Provision Exceeds Constitutional Bounds