Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is the new tanning bed tax racist?

Obviously only white and light skinned people use tanning, is this new tax racist toward a segment of the population?
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Re: Is the new tanning bed tax racist?

Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro
    Obviously only white and light skinned people use tanning, is this new tax racist toward a segment of the population?
    Sure seems like it to me.

March 23 (Bloomberg) -- Indoor tanning salons will charge customers a 10 percent tax beginning in July in one of the changes Americans will see as a result of the U.S. health-care overhaul signed into law by President Barack Obama.

Insurers will be required by September to begin providing health coverage to kids with pre-existing illnesses and allow parents to keep children younger than 26 on their plans as the clock has begun ticking on many of the law’s provisions. Medicare recipients will receive a $250 rebate for prescription drugs when they reach a coverage gap called the donut hole if the Senate passes and the president signs companion legislation approved March 21 by the U.S. House.

The $940 billion overhaul subsidizes coverage for uninsured Americans, financed by Medicare cuts to hospitals and fees or taxes on insurers, drugmakers, medical-device companies and Americans earning more than $200,000 a year. Many of the changes in the bill of more than 2,400 pages, such as requiring most people to have health insurance and employers to provide coverage, will take at least two years to go into effect.

“Most of the major public policy changes embodied in the health care reform legislation will become effective only after the next presidential election in 2012,â€

Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    Excellent point 93camaro. This is a civil rights violation. It targets a specific group based on skin color. Its a disparity in outcomes for one racial group.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    Excellent point 93camaro. This is a civil rights violation. It targets a specific group based on skin color. Its a disparity in outcomes for one racial group.
    Or...

White people can acknowledge that it's OK to be white, and stop using the tanning beds altogether. Ooops! Another business going under as direct result of America's choice to hire an incompetant fool.
    <div>
    </div>

Quote Originally Posted by melena29
    Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    Or...

White people can acknowledge that it's OK to be white, and stop using the tanning beds altogether. Ooops! Another business going under as direct result of America's choice to hire an incompetant fool.
    Hey not everyone is blessed with a beautifully toned skin!

Define beautifully toned. Or does that description only apply to "people of color"? Sounds a bit racist to me.
    <div>
    </div>

Define beautifully toned. Or does that description only apply to "people of color"? Sounds a bit racist to me.
    Whites and light skinned tan to balance out their look and give a uniform appearance. Its also a good way to prevent a horrible sunburn. I wish I had a naturally toned darker skin that wasn't so hard to maintain. Nothing racist it was meant to be a compliment to those who don't have to deal with tanning.

Whites and light skinned tan to balance out their look and give a uniform appearance. Its also a good way to prevent a horrible sunburn. I wish I had a naturally toned darker skin that wasn't so hard to maintain. Nothing racist it was meant to be a compliment to those who don't have to deal with tanning.
    Thanks 93camaro. Sometimes I read things with a much different tone then they were written. I call it the perils of posting.
    <div>
    </div>

Thanks 93camaro. Sometimes I read things with a much different tone then they were written. I call it the perils of posting.
    Yeah I guess my sense of humor is sometimes out there!