Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New vitamin D recommendations promote nutritional deficiency

New vitamin D recommendations promote nutritional deficiency, protect cancer industry
    Thursday, December 02, 2010
    by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger
    Editor of NaturalNews.com (See all articles...)
    Email this article to a friend Printable Version FREE Email Newsletter

177Share
    Share/Save/Bookmark
    Get daily news updates from the Health Ranger

Your email privacy is 100% protected.

(NaturalNews) Earlier this week, the Institute of Medicine finally got around to reluctantly admitting that people need more vitamin D. Raising the daily intake recommendation from 200 IUs to 600 IUs still leaves most people pitifully vitamin D deficient, and a flood of scientific research that has emerged over the last four years reveals that vitamin D deficiency causes cancer, osteoporosis, depression, diabetes, heart disease, kidney disorders and depression.

In other words, vitamin D deficiency is the cornerstone of the pharmaceutical industry's profit machine. Most of the really big money now being shoveled into the cancer industry and the drug companies comes from patients who are woefully deficient in vitamin D.

The Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN), the dietary supplement industry's trade association, called the new vitamin D recommendations "a modest step in the right direction that fell short of truly capturing the extensive and positive research that has consistently supported the need for people to significantly raise their vitamin D levels." (http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...)

According to scientific studies, right now 70 percent of whites are deficient in vitamin D, and 97 percent of African Americans are deficient, resulting in outrageously higher rates of cancer among blacks compared to whites (http://www.naturalnews.com/030392_c...). The Institute of Medicine curiously claims such deficiencies do not exist, however.

Nutritionally-aware health professionals had hoped the Institute of Medicine might suggest raising the daily intake of vitamin D to a level that would actually help prevent cancer: 2000 IUs a day, or even as much as 4000 IUs a day. Most informed nutritionists right now recommend anywhere from 2000 IUs to 4000 IUs per day for adults, and the research on the connection between cancer and vitamin D is clear: Vitamin D prevents 77 percent of all cancers (http://www.naturalnews.com/021892.html).

But this is precisely why the Institute of Medicine absolutely cannot allow more vitamin D to be taken by the American people -- it would destroy the pharmaceutical industry's primary business model by making people well!

Government warns people not to take too much Vitamin D (seriously...)
    And so today, even as it reluctantly adjusted the daily recommended intake to the 600 IU level (800 for the elderly), the Institute of Medicine issued a ridiculous warning against "megadosing" on vitamin D. (It considers a "mega dose" anything over 4000 IUs.)

The mainstream media even jumped on the bandwagon, reporting that anything over 10,000 IU can "cause kidney damage." And yet, doctors who know about vitamin D deficiency routinely prescribe 50,000 IUs a day for their patients to help them recover and restore their vitamin D back to healthy levels. (That amount is only safe for people who are severely deficient, by the way. NaturalNews agrees this is not a safe dose for a person who already has sufficient levels of vitamin D in their body.)

Dr Michael Holick, the vitamin D expert who has been routinely attacked by conventional medicine for educating people about vitamin D, takes 3,000 IUs a day himself. He's featured in a NaturalNews special report called The Healing Power of Sunlight and Vitamin D which can be downloaded for free at: http://www.naturalnews.com/rr-sunli...

The 600 IU level is a pitiful amount of vitamin D that's guaranteed to continue the epidemic of vitamin D deficiency in America. "This is a stunning disappointment," said Dr. Cedric Garland, one of the top researchers who has studied the ability of vitamin D to prevent cancer.

A massive vitamin D deficiency conspiracy among Big Pharma, Big Government and the mainstream media?
    The real story in all this, by the way, is that there is a massive conspiracy to keep the American people vitamin D deficient for as long as possible. This conspiracy is achieved through the use of outright lies such as this whopper published by CBS News a few days ago: "While some people truly are deficient in vitamin D, the average person already has enough circulating in his or her blood. That's because we also make vitamin D from sun exposure, and because many people already take multivitamins or other D-containing dietary supplements."

This is, of course, a blatant lie. Most people don't take vitamin D supplements, and few people get any sunshine at all. The worst deficiency is, of course, among those with darker skin such as African Americans and, to some extent, Latinos and Asians, all of which are now suffering skyrocketing rates of cancer, diabetes and other diseases.

That the mainstream media (and the entire medical community) would lie to black people about vitamin D deficiency is no surprise: It was traditionally blacks who were chosen for Big Pharma's medical experiments throughout its nefarious history (http://www.naturalnews.com/019189.html).

And now, the American people are the experiment! The Institute of Medicine, Big Pharma and the FDA are all running a grand experiment entitled, "What happens if we keep all Americans -- but especially the blacks -- deficient in vitamin D?"

If you doubt the accuracy of that statement, consider the historical fact that the U.S. government conspired with the National Institute of Health to use Guatemalans as human guinea pigs in secret medical experiments for which President Obama was recently forced to apologize! (http://www.naturalnews.com/029924_m...)

Just as an explanation here, those with dark skin are far more likely to be vitamin D deficiency because dark skin pigmentation blocks the ultraviolet light that generates vitamin D in your skin. Watch my video here for a full explanation: http://naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=5A62F...

The Institute of Medicine brazenly lied about vitamin D's effects on preventing cancer, stating on its website, "The IOM finds that the evidence supports a role for vitamin D and calcium in bone health but not in other health conditions. Further, emerging evidence indicates that too much of these nutrients may be harmful, challenging the concept that 'more is better.'"

In other words, the IOM wants you to believe that "more is NOT better" when it comes to vitamin D, even though most people are woefully deficient. This is a subtle way of telling people to avoid taking more vitamin D and thereby remain vitamin D deficient, which would of course keep people trapped in sickness and disease which generates huge profits for the pharmaceutical industry.

The vitamin D conspiracy is real. Government, Big Pharma and even some elements of the media are all scheming together to trap the American population in a state of lifelong vitamin D deficiency. But this conspiracy will ultimately fail because the nutritional science about vitamin D cannot be suppressed for much longer. Especially not if people inform themselves with nutritional knowledge by reading websites like this one.

Vitamin D is the nutrient that could collapse the cancer industry and destroy Big Pharma. That's why you need to keep learning about it and keep taking it to make sure your levels of vitamin D are high enough to prevent degenerative disease.

For the record, I do not sell vitamin D supplements of any kind, nor do I earn any kickbacks or commissions of any kind from vitamin D supplement companies.

Articles Related to This Article:
    • Vitamin D Halts Growth of Breast Cancer Tumors

• Vitamin D is nutritional key for prevention of breast cancer

• Vitamin D prevents breast cancer

• Vitamin D prevents heart disease

• It's Winter - Do You Know Where Your Vitamin D Is?

• Sunlight emerging as proven treatment for breast cancer, prostate cancer and other cancers

Related video from NaturalNews.TV

Your NaturalNews.TV video could be here.
    Upload your own videos at NaturalNews.TV (FREE)

About the author: Mike Adams is an award-winning journalist and holistic nutritionist with a passion for sharing empowering information to help improve personal and planetary health He has authored and published thousands of articles, interviews, consumers guides, and books on topics like health and the environment, reaching millions of readers with information that is saving lives and improving personal health around the world. Adams is an honest, independent journalist and accepts no money or commissions on the third-party products he writes about or the companies he promotes. In 2010, Adams co-founded NaturalNews.TV, a natural health video sharing site that has now grown in popularity. He's also a successful software entrepreneur, having founded a well known email marketing software company whose technology currently powers the NaturalNews email newsletters. Adams also serves as the executive director of the Consumer Wellness Center, a non-profit consumer protection group, and enjoys outdoor activities, nature photography, Pilates and martial arts training. Known on the 'net as 'the Health Ranger,' Adams shares his ethics, mission statements and personal health statistics at www.HealthRanger.org

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/030598_vitam ... z16xOsF7wP

http://www.naturalnews.com/030598_vitam ... icine.html

Kathyet

Great post.

I have been taking vitamin D for the last year when I found out how important it is. But according to this report I am not taking enough.

Where I am living it's almost impossible to get enough vitamin D from the sunlight as it's cloudy most of the time. Every once in a while we have a sunny day.

The Obama administration admitted they were spraying pollutants into the high atmosphere to block the sun from causing global warming.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/the-governm ... nment.html
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Americanpatriot
    Great post.

I have been taking vitamin D for the last year when I found out how important it is. But according to this report I am not taking enough.

Where I am living it's almost impossible to get enough vitamin D from the sunlight as it's cloudy most of the time. Every once in a while we have a sunny day.

The Obama administration admitted they were spraying pollutants into the high atmosphere to block the sun from causing global warming.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/the-governm ... nment.html

When the Government came out the other day with their new advise I knew right away they didn't like people taking Vitamin D they don't want us to be healthy they want us dependent on them for everything from soup to nuts..........

We usually take one D-3 2000 IUD a day but last time I went to get them they only had D-3 5000..

Kathyet

I have been diagnosed with low levels of Vitamin D by my doctor. He has prescribed a pharmaceutical dose for me and I will continue to follow his recommendations.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)