Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

The New York Times Admits Wrongdoing against Ron Paul

The New York Times Admits Wrongdoing against Ron Paul

Bad for the Times, but worse for Fox News

Several days ago, I published three articles (see 1, 2, 3), regarding the Little Green Footballs smear, which attempted to tie Ron Paul to an attention-hungry member of a white supremacist group. The first article explained why the “corroborating evidenceâ€

Banned
    Now if ALL the other folks who maliciously posted this misinformation all over the internet in an effort to discredit the good Doctor would apologize, SOME people here on this forum would be saying "Mea Culpa" 'til they were HOARSE.

How about it, folks. YOU know who you are. Let's hear it.

"I'm sorry I repeated those blatant lies. I apologize."

Any takers????

Yeah, the FReepers were going ape-poopy over this when the non-story story first broke.

I never understood the pandemonium, to be quite honest.

There are probably pictures of Kennedy floating around somewhere of him standing next to someone from the Fair Play For Cuba Committee; I don't think that means he orchestrated his own assassination.

I still don't think Paul's explanation of why he didn't immediately return Don Black's contribution, or why he continues to humor the nutcase acolytes of Alex Jones, is satisfactory.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Banned
    As was mentioned in another thread, our own William Gheen appeared on the Alex Jones show.

That doesn't make HIM a nutcase, does it?

It's not about appearing on the show.

If it was just one appearance it wouldn't be worth mentioning.

It's that he feeds into the delusions of the Troofer nutcases who believe that Mossad and FBI agents staged the 9/11 massacres, instead of 19 Middle Eastern, Muslim members of Al Qaeda.

http://www.reason.com/blog/show/120338.html

Reason: The position of the Student Scholars is that 9/11 was executed by the U.S. government. Do you agree or disagree with that?

Paul: I'd say there's no evidence of that.

Reason: So what did you mean when you told Student Scholars you'd be open to a new 9/11 investigation?

Paul: Well, I think the more we know about what we went on is good. But I don't think there's any evidence of [an inside job] and I don't believe that. The blame goes to bad policy. And a lot of times bad policy is well-motivated. The people who believe in a one world government are well motivated, but they disagree with me.
    Why does he need to be prodded by an interviewer in order to distance himself from the Troofers?

Why doesn't he tell the Troofers that they are nuts to their faces?

It can't possibly be that difficult, unless he is so desperate for votes and campaign cash that he's willing to play down his sanity in order to appease the kook vote.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shapka
    It's not about appearing on the show.

If it was just one appearance it wouldn't be worth mentioning.

It's that he feeds into the delusions of the Troofer nutcases who believe that Mossad and FBI agents staged the 9/11 massacres, instead of 19 Middle Eastern, Muslim members of Al Qaeda.

http://www.reason.com/blog/show/120338.html

Reason: The position of the Student Scholars is that 9/11 was executed by the U.S. government. Do you agree or disagree with that?

Paul: I'd say there's no evidence of that.

Reason: So what did you mean when you told Student Scholars you'd be open to a new 9/11 investigation?

Paul: Well, I think the more we know about what we went on is good. But I don't think there's any evidence of [an inside job] and I don't believe that. The blame goes to bad policy. And a lot of times bad policy is well-motivated. The people who believe in a one world government are well motivated, but they disagree with me.
    Why does he need to be prodded by an interviewer in order to distance himself from the Troofers?

Why doesn't he tell the Troofers that they are nuts to their faces?

It can't possibly be that difficult, unless he is so desperate for votes and campaign cash that he's willing to play down his sanity in order to appease the kook vote.
    I don't see where he was 'prodded' to say anything. He was asked a question and he answered it.

As far as a new investigation goes, there is plenty of evidence that the US government covered up it's own ineptitude in the leadup to 9/11, unless you think that the Able Danger fiasco was all a lie.

I still don't think Paul's explanation of why he didn't immediately return Don Black's contribution, or why he continues to humor the nutcase acolytes of Alex Jones, is satisfactory

Ah, well I think Ron Paul's explanation was very rational. Why pander? Why return the money to someone who will use it for a detrimental 'racist agenda'? There are way too many donations being dumped into his campaign to have every donater screened- that would be an absurd waste of time.

Investigate? Yeah, hell, why investigate? The victims and their families aren't important enough to have a full and truly 'independent' investigation- not one in which sir Bush elected chairmen on the commission. Hey, let's just not investigate any acts of terrorism, anywhere. Let's just sit back and be hypnotized by what those on the tube choose to tell us. Oh look! There's a bit of biased reporting now- excluding Ron Paul and Duncan Hunter (Alan Keyes still running?) from the Republican Forum on Fox! Yeah, ignorance is bliss.