Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Newspapers fight perceptions industry is dying

Newspapers fight perceptions industry is dying
    By JAY REEVES

Feb. 2, 2009, 5:05PM
    BIRMINGHAM — Several newspaper executives launched a public relations campaign on Monday to counter what they call “gloom-and-doomâ€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I no longer buy newspapers because they no longer report the news! Reporters are no longer objective, they are now too busy writing OPINION pieces and trying to shove it down our throats as FACT. Sorry, but I don't want their opinion, just gimme the REAL facts, not your version of them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

It is too easy to slant an article while being totally fair presenting the facts.
    If council candidate was arrested in his youth on a DUI, a reporter supporting that candidate will throw that fact into paragraph 15, where few people read, while a reporter not supporting the same candidate will put that into the first three paragraphs which the majority reads It also depends on the political bent of the newspaper and your editor.
    A Spanish class at Florida Gulf Coast Univeristy went to the Dominican Republic on spring vacation to help paint a center for the street children. They sent me great photos, including one of a young boy learning to build birdhouses, which I put on the front page. The executive editor made me change that picture, because this prejudiced jerk thought the kid was too black. After rioting in his office, I asked if he just had attended the latest KKK meeting, and he just smiled.
    Nothing makes my fur stand up more than that kind of stupidity about some child in another country just because of the color of his skin. These children were being taught some dignity for their own bodies by this class, as some were earning money on the streets by prostitution.
    There is a serious problem with prejudice for color of skin while these kids, in their own country, are already sexually experienced at six or seven years old.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Newspapers fight perceptions industry is dying

[quote]Newspapers fight perceptions industry is dying
    By JAY REEVES

Feb. 2, 2009, 5:05PM
    BIRMINGHAM — Several newspaper executives launched a public relations campaign on Monday to counter what they call “gloom-and-doomâ€