Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

No Offices For Foreign Born Citizens

Doesn anyone know any group who is working to pass laws that would prohibit foriegn born citizens from holding public office?

I've had it with Arnie. He's not American, doesn't know what it means to be American nor Californian. The vast majority of us citizens are NOT forieng born, he therefore knows nothing of how we view our state or country?

Anyone on board on this?

Thanks

Orrin Hatch, I believe, is trying to get the constitution changed so 'Arnold' can become President.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    I think all of these people that want to give this country away need to GET OUT and find another place to live, whether born here or not!

Piece by piece they are giving this country away. TERRORISTS, ILLEGAL ALIENS, DRUG DEALERS, RAPISTS, CHILD MOLESTERS ....COME ON OVER...WE'VER LEFT OUR BORDERS OPEN FOR YOU....

OUR GREEDY MEN AND WOMEN IN OUR GOVERNMENT GIVE YOU WARM WELCOME...DUE TO THE FACT THAT HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO HONOR OR INTEGRITY!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He's not American, doesn't know what it means to be American nor Californian. The vast majority of us citizens are NOT forieng born, he therefore knows nothing of how we view our state or country?
    I think this is the wrong frame of mind.

There are plenty of Americans who have no idea what it means to be American. Also, what is the definition of an American? Your definition may be only those born here which may or may not include "anchor babies". Mine happens to be legal American citizens, regardless of where they are born.

I can understand if this was about the way he's run things as a governor, but not because you think that his birthplace has anything to do with his thinking anymore than the color of his eyes or something.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

really?

Do you know how to run Austria?

Re: No Offices For Foreign Born Citizens

I would like to find a group that is working on that also. Please pm me when you get any info on it. I agree with you, he is not American nor does he support Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by jonhaloi
    Doesn anyone know any group who is working to pass laws that would prohibit foriegn born citizens from holding public office?

I've had it with Arnie. He's not American, doesn't know what it means to be American nor Californian. The vast majority of us citizens are NOT forieng born, he therefore knows nothing of how we view our state or country?

Anyone on board on this?

Thanks
    We the People. You the Invader

Do you know how to run Austria?
    You're silly.

I don't think he should be allowed to run since our laws state pretty specifically that only American born citizens can run. But what I would like to know is why you have a problem with him.

Do you dislike him just because of where he's born or do you disagree with his political views?

Arnie

Have you ever lived in a foreign country?

I have, I have lived the last ten years of my life abroad. And I know from this experience that no foreign born person could ever truly know what it's like to be a 'national'.

Have you ever lived abroad. The differences in culture are huge, even between the US and European countries. One is born into a country that has certain flavors, smells, nuances, norms, etc that become part of one's being even though the person 'becoming' is not aware that they are NOT making choices about how they want to live. A culture is thrust upon us and we don't decide to accept or refuse it, as infants and children absorbing our culture, we don't make that choice. We accept it as the norm.

There is NO WAY IN HELL an adult who grew up in one country can move to another country and expect to know what the people of the new country want.

Have you ever lived abroad? I have, for ten years. Ten years of I have enjoyed living in cultures quite opposite from mine, and traveled to cultures that, on the surface, seem very similar, but deep down run counter to the culture that I assimilated as an infant, child, adolescent and adult.

FOREIGN BORN ADULTS DO NOT POSSESS THE CULTURAL PATTERNS TO MAKE LEGISLATIVE DECISION FOR ME!!!!!!!!!

If you don't belive me, go live abroad for ten years, not TRAVEL, but live and work abroad for ten years.

Oh, by the way, do you know any other countries where foreign born are allowed to hold office?

Do you know any other countries that allow birthright citizenship? No, why not? They want to preserve their way of life. What is wrong with that? NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

You are so worked up over this you apparently did not read what I said. I'm sure you can glance back and read it. It's the part after me saying you're silly and before asking you what your problem with him is.

I think you made it clear what your problem with him is. Thank you for your answer.

Foreign born

I thought I made myself pretty clear.

Foreign born should not be allowed to hold ANY elected office by virtue of the fact that they are FOREIGN born.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast