Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Nonresident Aliens May Claim the Child Tax Credit for a Nond

I receive the weekly "e-News for Tax Professionals" from the IRS. Issue 2008-16 just arrive in my inbox. Two items in this issue stand out.

1. Stimulus Payments Update

Starting May 2, your clients may be issued their payments. See the schedule.

Check the Economic Stimulus Payments Information Center on IRS.gov for updates. Also in Spanish.
    6. Nonresident Aliens May Claim the Child Tax Credit for a Nondependent Child

For tax years beginning after Dec. 31, 2004, nonresident aliens may claim the child tax credit on Form 1040NR, U.S. Nonresident Alien Income Tax Return, for a nondependent child. Attach Form 8901, Information on Qualifying Children Who Are Not Dependents (For Child Tax Credit) to the return. File amended returns for those who were eligible but didn’t claim the credit for 2005 or 2006, and attach Form 8901.

Can someone explain why we spend tax dollars to translate our government to spanish when English is a requirement to be a citizen?

Can someone tell me why my tax dollars should be going to non-resident aliens?

Can we pay our taxes in pesos?

If you are a tax-preparer my sympathies go out to you. Illegal aliens can qualify for a lot of tax rebates and incentives. Even without a SSn they can get an ITIN, and with a low reported income get money back for children and an earned income tax credit.

Our loopholes are going to be what sinks this ship of state.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I thought that they made it clear that Illegals were not to benefit from this?
    What the heck is going on? Thumbs down

We need another Boston Tea Party stop the flow of our money till the gov. gets the message, No Illegals have the right to taxpaxer benefits and deport.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

TexSawdust wrote:
    Can someone explain why we spend tax dollars to translate our government to spanish when English is a requirement to be a citizen?
    Without the consent of the people or congress, one man--Bill Clinton--did this to us with Executive Order 13166. So much damage and costs done in less than 8 years.
    Senator Elizabeth Dole has introduced a bill to make this executive order invalid. We NEED to support Senator's Dole bill.

August 11, 2000

EXECUTIVE ORDER

IMPROVING ACCESS TO SERVICES FOR
    PERSONS WITH LIMITED ENGLISH PROFICIENCY

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and
    the laws of the United States of America, and to improve access to
    federally conducted and federally assisted programs and activities for
    persons who, as a result of national origin, are limited in their
    English proficiency (LEP), it is hereby ordered as follows:
    Full order is at:

http://www.englishfirst.org/13166/eo13166.html

[quote]Fed up with “Press 1 for English?â€
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OK, I am really confused. How can anyone, let alone non-resident aliens (of course the latter would include illegals) receive tax credits for nondependent children? Does this mean they can "claim" children that don't even live with them, or perhaps live an another country entirely?

If this is the case, than why is it that U.S. citizen non-custodial parents, who provide for their children via child support, health insurance, and quality time together (I have an employee that is a role model ex-husband/dad) cannot claim tax credits?

My 73y/o father worked for H&R Block, if I remember correctly, for a short time to supplement his income.

He stopped after a couple of months because the non-English speaking 'clients' were getting alot more back than he was, especially considering their income to refund ratio. My father still works 4-5 days a week and continues to be frustrated by the illegals that have taken over his neighborhood in Garland, Tx, and seem to be collecting welfare for all their babies/dependents claimed.
    The price paid for our freedom should never be forgotten!

From within a nation of sheep, a government of wolves will rise!

Matthew 6:9-13