Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: North Carolina mom in 'disbelief' after son, 10, punished for calling teacher 'ma'am'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    I don't know MW. I had not thought of that. People can alter a situation to protect their group, themselves, family and friends.

The named school does not want further attention no matter the truth. The teacher may or may not have received some type of notice.

Knowing the truth can at times be difficult. People accuse, get accused, and things are not always as seen or told.
    Thank you for the reasonable response, GeorgiaPeach.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Sarcastic response not necessary.
    You would prefer a blatantly hostile "How stupid" response?

You're going under the assumption the 10 year old child told her mother the truth.
    YES! There is the documented evidence to support the claim. And there is no denial from the school or the teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    It's understandable that the mother would like to believe her child, but there is no evidence provided to substantiate the child or mother's story.
    So you are claiming that the mother fabricated the document with the word "ma'am" on it repeatedly? Did the mother write that or did she make the child write it?

Maybe the child was moved to another class because she was disrespectful and disruptive in the class she was in. Perhaps it was a move designed to separate her from the friends she may have been showing off for.
    But you are assuming facts not in evidence! The school gave no reason, so you are making excuses.

Personally, I think some folks on this thread are jumping the gun in believing the worst of the teacher without any actual evidence.
    Opinion noted! But keep in mind that we have several instances from higher grade schools where video or audio revealed abuse by teachers who complained that recording of their classes was prohibited. Secrecy is where abuse can grow.

We have problems with parents at school, but if parents are hanging around in the classrooms, teachers will be less likely to be brainwashing our children, or abusing them. There seems to be no good solution. But we are forced to surrender our children to institutions that hide behind secrecy.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    YES! There is the documented evidence to support the claim. And there is no denial from the school or the teacher.

So you are claiming that the mother fabricated the document with the word "ma'am" on it repeatedly? Did the mother write that or did she make the child write it?

But you are assuming facts not in evidence! The school gave no reason, so you are making excuses.

Opinion noted! But keep in mind that we have several instances from higher grade schools where video or audio revealed abuse by teachers who complained that recording of their classes was prohibited. Secrecy is where abuse can grow.

We have problems with parents at school, but if parents are hanging around in the classrooms, teachers will be less likely to be brainwashing our children, or abusing them. There seems to be no good solution. But we are forced to surrender our children to institutions that hide behind secrecy.
    Your responses are rather closed minded and don't dispel any of the points I made. Sounds more like you're just arguing to argue.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Your responses are rather closed minded and don't dispel any of the points I made.
    You say close minded, but I think "decisive". You didn't really make any points except to say there is only one side of the story being told. I addressed that and you defined it as sarcasm.

You want to wait until every detail is disclosed before you can develop an opinion. But that would be a "conclusion". If none of us put forth an opinion, this forum would be one page long. But there are several threads about the same topics, each with differing opinions!

So I don't know why you are here!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12