Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Nostalgia Thread

Just a friendly thread, to give us all a short little break from the issues of the day (illegal immigration) and perhaps take us on a nice trip down memory lane.

If you are so inclined, it might be fun if all of us here posted a video of the #1 song in the U.S. on the day we were born.

Here's mine:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rsn4KZkUBeg
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

I couldn't find the one for my date, but it was the day "The Jetson's" first aired. Soooo all together now, c'mon, you know the words

"meet George Jetson.....His boy Elroy, daughter Judy...Jane his wife...." roflmao
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OK, I'll join in, I'm thinking that most of em out there don't want to do this, it might reveal how old they are. But, this is close to my BD. The song is The One-Eyed One-Horned Flying Purple People Eater. Don't ask me to recite the words..

Update: Nope, I'm older than that! Wrong song!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OOPS my age to the day has been revealed lolol now you all have to send me birthday cards
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    Great idea AmericanGirl! Here's mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j043T0O74Ys

Great song!!

Couldn't find one on the exact day but it was July 4th
    I do remember watching Roy Rogers show when we got our first TV in 1951

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OdT_4G5-dI
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

You know...I didn't even think about the age thing (revealing our ages) which probably explains the low response to this thread.

I was more focused on the whole nostalgia thing and kind of reliving American pop music from days past.

I know some people are sensitive about revealing their ages, so I understand not wanting to participate.

But thanks for those of you who did!

Oh, and I guess you all know how old I am now.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    You know...I didn't even think about the age thing (revealing our ages) which probably explains the low response to this thread.

I was more focused on the whole nostalgia thing and kind of reliving American pop music from days past.

I know some people are sensitive about revealing their ages, so I understand not wanting to participate.

I would've guessed 21, but a mature 29 is much better!
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am
    Quote Originally Posted by americangirl

I would've guessed 21, but a mature 29 is much better!
    LOL! Twenty-nine is almost 7 years behind me now (I'll be 36 this April). But I like being in my 30's...I don't think I'd want to go back to my 20's again.

I couldn't find one from the day I was born, so i picked one from my childhood.....I don't like 70s music anyway

Back when MTV first got started....back when they actually played music videos. I think I was about 5 years old...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6LB6Q_oycfQ
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast