Date: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 5:55 AM
Date: Tuesday 19MAY09 7:30 a.m. EDT

Please take survey so you can help us combat business & religious open-borders activism

(Below is a first-ever look at the survey-results-to-date of the religious affiliations of NumbersUSA members. They show that supporters of sensible immigration policies come from every part of America's incredibly broad religious mosaic.)

DEAR BUSINESS OWNERS/MANAGERS & RELIGIOUS ADHERENTS,

I really need some help from you.

We are facing an incredible pro-amnesty push from a new coalition of business leaders and from many religious leaders from most faith groups. All have big, bad plans for the first week in June.

By taking the following short surveys, you can help me immeasurably to provide you with powerful opportunities for action with these groups.

I'm looking for business owners and managers, but I hope all of you will take this occupations survey:

www.numbersusa.com/survey-backend?actio ... occupation

Also, please indicate your religious affiliation (including none) on this survey page so we can rally you where you will have the most influence with religious leaders who are becoming more and more aggressive in opposing immigration restrictions of any kind:

www.numbersusa.com/survey-backend?actio ... t=religion

With that information, I can provide you with action alerts specifically based on your own connections. (I don't want to bother the entire membership with alerts that are really for only a small percentage.)

Note that our Privacy Pledge keeps all this information entirely private.

If you have already taken the surveys, thank you. You may want to check to make sure the survey for you is accurate.

RELIGIOUS PROFILE OF NUMBERSUSA ACTIVISTS

More than 100,000 of you have taken our religious affiliation survey.

Not only is every religious identity in America apparently represented among NumbersUSA members, but the ranking in size is pretty close to the membership ranking of the general American population.

I think it goes to show yet again that opposition to illegal immigration and the desire for lower immigration numbers appeals to nearly every kind of American and is not associated with narrow ideologies.

OF THOSE TAKING THE SURVEY:

26%

Catholic

17%

Baptist

11%

No Affiliation

9%

Methodist

Non-denominational evangelical and Bible churches

7%

Lutheran

3-5%

Presbyterian

Episcopal

Mormon

Judaism

Assemblies of God

1-2%

Church of Christ (non-instrumental)

Orthodox (eastern Christian)

Church of God

Salvation Army

Atheism

Nazarene

Buddhism

0.75 - 1%

United Church of Christ

Unitarian-Universalist

Reformed (Christian)

0.5 - 0.75%

Jehovah's Witness

Christian Missionary Alliance

Congregationalist

Christian Science

0.25 - 0.5%

Brethren

Disciples of Christ

Friends (Quakers)

Mennonite

Hinduism

Unity

Pentecostal (other than others above)

Baha'i

Adventist

0.1 - 0.25%

Humanism

Indigenous People's Religion

Islam

Shintoism

Scientology

Obviously, religious leaders who are clamoring for amnesty and more foreign workers will be most likely to be influenced by those of you who can identify yourself as their constituents, or as sharing their same religious tradition.

We know big amnesty pushes are being planned by Catholic, Baptist, National Association of Evangelicals, Lutheran and Jewish leaders. We suspect that most of the rest of your religious groups are being tempted to do so.

We will be coming to you based on your surveys to help stop the embarrassing -- and often shameful -- actions of many of these religious leaders as they push high immigration despite its harm to unemployed U.S. workers and harm to environmental resources.

Unless you take the religion survey, I won't be able to give you a chance to educate leaders in your part of the religious spectrum.

And it is especially critical that I know those of you who own or run businesses by your taking the occupations survey. Millions of dollars are being devoted to creating a movement of business owners to pressure Congress to open the borders as a requirement for the supposed survival of small businesses. It is important that we be able to directly offer you business owners a chance to communicate with your Members of Congress as business owners.

THANKS FOR TAKING THE SURVEYS,

ROY BECK