Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NY-Accused terrorist Aafia Siddiqui says toss Jews from jury

'Lady Al Qaeda' cries foul: Accused terrorist Aafia Siddiqui says toss Jews from jury pool
    BY Alison Gendar
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Thursday, January 14th 2010, 4:00 AM

Jury selection in the "Lady Al Qaeda" trial got off to a bizarre start Wednesday with the accused terrorist telling jurors she was "boycotting" - and demanding Jews be excluded from the panel.

"If they have a Zionist or Israeli background...they are all mad at me," said Aafia Siddiqui, a U.S.-trained neuroscientist charged with attempted murder.

"I have a feeling everyone here is them - subject to genetic testing....They should be excluded if you want to be fair," she told Manhattan Federal Judge Richard Berman.

Prospective jurors weren't present for that outburst, but they were in the courtroom to hear her say, "I'm boycotting the trial...there are too many injustices."

At another point, Siddiqui repeatedly refused to talk to her own lawyers, saying she didn't trust them.

"I don't trust you either," she told Berman.

She even tried to toss a handwritten note to prosecutors requesting time each day to pray. Berman ruled she could leave the courtroom at 3:30 p.m. for 15minutes of prayer.

Siddiqui, 37, is accused of picking up an M-4 Army rifle and firing two rounds at a team of Americans who tried to question her in Afghanistan on July 18, 2008.

Prosecutors argue she screamed, "Allah Akbar" and vowed to kill Americans before she was wrestled to the ground. She allegedly had two pounds of poisonous sodium cyanide and hundreds of pages of notes and documents on how to build chemical and biological weapons.

The terror guides featured targets including the Statue of Liberty, Wall Street, the Empire State Building and the Brooklyn Bridge, prosecutors said.

Berman ruled the jury can hear about the target list and other handwritten notes but tossed as evidence the chemicals and mass-produced documents from "how-to" terror manuals.

Prosecutors also are barred from bringing up Siddiqui's alleged ties or sympathies with Al Qaeda because they would create a bias.

agendar@nydailynews.com

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crim ... z0cbiCvj95
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LOL. She is "boycotting" the trial. And she doesnt trust anyone. Sounds like she has psychological problems.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We need to STOP educating these people in our colleges! I mean c'mon, if they come from countries with terrorist ties, they should be banned from even stepping on American soil.

There is no rehabilitation for terrorists like her, too bad that was ignored for the Ft. Hood shooter.
    "

"If they have a Zionist or Israeli background...they are all mad at me," said Aafia Siddiqui, a U.S.-trained neuroscientist charged with attempted murder

Oh, I'm sure THIS is just the beginning of her laundry list of those she wants excluded from her jury.

Next she'll be demanding that non-muslims be excluded, then Americans because we're all "mad" at her.

Before we know it, how much does anyone want to bet that she......and others....will be demanding juries of their peers in the absolute literal sense, ONLY muslims from the middle eastern countries which support jihad?

And I'm sure that obamaand his DOJ will be more than happy to oblige? I'm quite certain that all of these civillian trials it's been deemed these folks have a "right" to are set up to fail with the defendants going scot-free.

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    "If they have a Zionist or Israeli background...they are all mad at me," said Aafia Siddiqui, a U.S.-trained neuroscientist charged with attempted murder

Oh, I'm sure THIS is just the beginning of her laundry list of those she wants excluded from her jury.

Next she'll be demanding that non-muslims be excluded, then Americans because we're all "mad" at her.

Before we know it, how much does anyone want to bet that she......and others....will be demanding juries of their peers in the absolute literal sense, ONLY muslims from the middle eastern countries which support jihad?

And I'm sure that obamaand his DOJ will be more than happy to oblige? I'm quite certain that all of these civillian trials it's been deemed these folks have a "right" to are set up to fail with the defendants going scot-free.
    Yep. Pull up a chair and get comfortable. This is just an appetizer. And even if they do convict her....she will probably say it is against her religion to go to jail....or something as ridiculous.