Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NY-Hindu-Muslim Family’s Choice of Cremation Arouses Anger

October 4, 2008
    Hindu-Muslim Family’s Choice of Cremation Arouses Anger
    By ANNE BARNARD
    Friends and family remember Shafayet Reja as an affectionate young man who stayed up late to write poetry, danced exuberantly at weddings and explored the faiths of his father and mother with an openheartedness that led him to declare on his Facebook page, “I never get tired of learning the new things that life has to offer.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: NY-Hindu-Muslim Family’s Choice of Cremation Arouses A

[quote]“We have freedom of religion, and we have the Constitution,â€

This is what happens with alot of Muslims unfortunately. They try to impose their will and beliefs on those in America where we have religious choice. Too sad for what seems like a legal immigrant family trying to assimilate into America, As it should be.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy

Umm...no. It's your "community's" job to respect this family's privacy and allow them to bury their son in the way they see fit. We are not living in a religious theocracy here.
    Exactly. It's a family decision. A personal decision. I know where my family is burried is becomming confusing because they didn't bury "our people" facing in the right direction with Muslim law. It's becomming a maze......

My only thought is a will if it's crutial to your personal beliefs. Otherwise it's left to the family to deal with to do as they see fit. It's insane to think you have to live in terror in your own community because people don't like your personal decisions.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Umm...no. It's your "community's" job to respect this family's privacy and allow them to bury their son in the way they see fit. We are not living in a religious theocracy here.
    Exactly. It's a family decision. A personal decision. I know where my family is burried is becomming confusing because they didn't bury "our people" facing in the right direction with Muslim law. It's becomming a maze......

My only thought is a will if it's crutial to your personal beliefs. Otherwise it's left to the family to deal with to do as they see fit. It's insane to think you have to live in terror in your own community because people don't like your personal decisions.
    Are the muslims that threatened the mixed faith family refugees or legal immigrants?
    I have always felt that refugees should have to pass a test to be here. Like knowing our history, language after 2-years and enjoy our freedoms instead of bringing their inhumane rituails here. Rituals like stoning, family drowning amd beheadings.
    I'm telling you political correctness will be a huge cause of the emplosion of America. I'm ironing my burkka now!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybird

Are the muslims that threatened the mixed faith family refugees or legal immigrants?
    I have always felt that refugees should have to pass a test to be here. Like knowing our history, language after 2-years and enjoy our freedoms instead of bringing their inhumane rituails here. Rituals like stoning, family drowning amd beheadings.
    I'm telling you political correctness will be a huge cause of the emplosion of America. I'm ironing my burkka now!

I'm ironing my burkka now

Have you an opinion on starch? I think only for formal gatherings.......when something a little crisper might be appropriate......but then again, what do I know