Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanTreeFarmer's Avatar

NYT: Moslems too prayed and died in World Trade Center

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/11/nyreg ... igion.html

September 10, 2010
    Muslims and Islam Were Part of Twin Towers’ LifeBy

SAMUEL G. FREEDMAN

Sometime in 1999, a construction electrician received a new work assignment from his union. The man, Sinclair Hejazi Abdus-Salaam, was told to report to 2 World Trade Center, the southern of the twin towers.

In the union locker room on the 51st floor, Mr. Abdus-Salaam went through a construction worker’s version of due diligence. In the case of an emergency in the building, he asked his foreman and crew, where was he supposed to reassemble? The answer was the corner of Broadway and Vesey.

Over the next few days, noticing some fellow Muslims on the job, Mr. Abdus-Salaam voiced an equally essential question: “So where do you pray at?â€

The sixty innocent Moslems mentioned in the article who worked with Fekkak were just the restaurant workers. The actuall number is closer to two hundred, I know this from a Moslem moderate. Mamdouh Fekkak however I found out according to his own book "Accidental Americans" is an immigration cheat who got amnestied in 1986 by lying on his application.

I dont care if there were a couple of muslims who died at WTC. For one thing, since all records were destroyed, it is only hearsay that the prayer room even exisited. Anyone can say that muslims were employed at W of the W...but there is no proof of that either. Regardless, there is no reason for muslims to be so aggressive about building a mosque right at that location. There are plenty of places to build it. If they were only interested in building a mosque to worship in, then the location would not be so important. But they want to build it right there....AND IT HAS TO BE THERE AND NO WHERE ELSE. There is something very sick and insensitive about building a mosque at that particular location.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Muslims killed in WTC has nothing to do with the plan to build a mosque at ground zero. It's about doing the RIGHT and SENSITIVE THING in respect to those who died at the hands of muslim extremists.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

The sensitive thing to do would be to permit the families of those who were killed while going about their business as waiters or bankers to pray where they died but the new building replacing the World Trade Center has not gone up yet so there can not be a mosque inside it again yet. The Moslems who worked there on a daily basis alongside Christians and Jews and who died in the World Trade Center were more representative of Islam than the small group of nihilist fringe radicals flying planes into them. I am not a Moslem but I had lunch there with Moslems and was served by Moslem restaurant workers.

Banned
    What I can not get past is the celebration by muslims
    in the aftermath of the attack, I can not forget.
    I can not forget watching Danial Pearl as they slowly
    sawed his head off. Numerous calls of death to America.
    Stoning woman, lashing juveniles? No!
    No I will not forget. Just as with illegal aliens I just have no
    compassion, no respect and no stomach for their belief or cause.
    And they would have you believe I am intolerant? I am insensitive?
    Damn right I am. I witness their arrogance, and they show no remorse.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFarmer
    The sensitive thing to do would be to permit the families of those who were killed while going about their business as waiters or bankers to pray where they died but the new building replacing the World Trade Center has not gone up yet so there can not be a mosque inside it again yet.
    The families who lost loved ones at WTC would not be praying at a mosque anyway. As far as the alleged muslim victims of WTC....I see no proof that there were any at all. I see no proof that there was a prayer room for muslims or that muslims worked at Windows of the World. It is all hearsay. And even if there were, most of the families of the victims are not muslim, but their loved ones were killed by muslims. The attempt to build a mosque at that particular site is a form of psychological violence being perpetrated on the families of the victims, and on the American people.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am not going to put any effort into a WTC mosque. I just recognize the reasonablness of their case.

AmericanTreeFarmer wrote,
    I know this from a Moslem moderate.
    Are you an expert at determining the difference between a "moderate" and an extremist? If so, you should be selling tickets at the ticket counter at the airport.

Why the choice of words,...."Muslim moderate"? It makes you sound like a salesman of sorts. Do you know any extremists?