Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama’s ‘I’m a Desi’ Remark Delights South Asian Don

Obama’s ‘I’m a Desi’ Remark Delights South Asian Donors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By RICHARD SPRINGER
    India-West Staff Reporter

It may not belong in the same breath as President John F. Kennedy’s “Ich bin ein Berlinerâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The only "desi" I ever heard of was married to Lucy. What's a "desi"?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

our so called leaders are so out of touch with us , the people . This smacks of Bushes "Have and Have More" remark at a Elites fundraiser during his 2000 race .
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

A 'desi', pronounced deshy, means a person who is a citizen of South Asia, especially one living outside the area they come from. He was pandering to the Asian vote.

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    A 'desi', pronounced deshy, means a person who is a citizen of South Asia, especially one living outside the area they come from. He was pandering to the Asian vote.
    I see. Never heard that term before...learn something new everyday!

Didn't he already previously proclaim himself as a citizen of the world? At least he did spend time in Indonesia as a kid, but this say-anything to please whatever group you are talking to is making me wonder whether any of the politicos say anything truthful or will they just pander voters to death and do whatever they want after they get into office. I also wonder if, when the winner takes office on Jan. 20, will opponents start their campaigning the day after?

Is he half-black? Half-white? Indonesian? Indie? Desi? American? World Citizen?
    All of the above! He's Zelig!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelig

Let's hope he starts pandering to the Irish because THAT would be a sight to see!