Two high profile articles were recently published from the Apologists and the Enlightened: respectively

Obama’s Problems with Running For President as a Messiah

By Jim Byrd
Monday, October 18, 2010

Verily I say unto thee, Barack Obama was a spuriously manufactured, promoted, and peddled messiah, hustled from the back of the mountebank’s wagon of the Left. Obama’s political hari kari, other than being copiously unqualified, was buying into his own hype. Before taking the oath of office, he had already caused his standard to be set somewhere within the Trinity.

He did, in fact, run as a Messiah, the Emmanuel of the proletariat. He was to distribute salvation upon the Left, liberal elites, middle-class working Americans, the welfare dependent, and the overwhelming majority of black America. The mainstream media packaged him as such, he imbibed it, pondered it, adopted it, now owns it. Sadly, he was unable to save the heretics who were possessed by a fundamentally sound conservative doctrine and common sense.

The headlines rejoiced: Swooning Supporters Fainting For Obama, Audience Member Faints During Obama Health Care Rally, Woman Faints At Obama Rally, Fired Up And Falling Down. Obama could not give a preachment without being interrupted by a disciple swooning, feinting, then crumpling on the floor. His instincts were to save. He barked orders for medical personnel to appear, offered what could only be assumed to be blessed bottles of Perrier; to the swooners, their recovery was nothing short of a miracle. Fortunately for the swooners, they were always strategically close to the stage. Thanks to what could be nothing other than divine intervention, there were no incidents of swooning in the nose-bleed section, far and away from the cameras. Hallelujah for that.

Incorrigible Leftist Chris Matthews, who hosts the show Hardball, perpetuated the Messiah allegory during the campaign: “I’ve been following politics since I was about 5. I’ve never seen anything like this. This is bigger than Kennedy. Obama comes along, and he seems to have the answers. This is the New Testament. This is surprising.â€