Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama Admin Prepares Public Opinion for Attack on Yemen

Obama Administration Prepares Public Opinion for Attack on Yemen

by Patrick Martin
    WSWS.org
    2009-12-31

Five days after the unsuccessful attempt by a Nigerian student to set off a bomb aboard a Detroit-bound passenger jet, US military and intelligence officials are said to be preparing expanded military action against targets in Yemen, the Arab country where the student allegedly received terrorist training and was equipped with an explosive device.

A series of US media reports suggest that new US-backed military attacks inside Yemen are imminent. Citing “two senior US officials,â€

We have already attacked Yemen, so I guess our presidential spokesmodel is just gearing up for yet another 'major' military offensive.
    No wonder our government, Wall St, and the Fed needed to rip off American taxpayers!

So why aren't the Saudis on center stage? Or have they bought our military might and American soldiers for mercenaries?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

But Yemen possesses, like Afghanistan and Iraq, a highly strategic geographic location, adjacent to Saudi Arabia, the world’s largest oil exporter, and the Red Sea, controlling access to the Suez Canal. Yemen also borders on the Gulf of Aden, the shipping route for much of the oil leaving the Persian Gulf.
    So it sounds as though they are another good piece of real estate that we should inherit? And fight for?
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Interesting while we lose our manufacturing base perhaps we can be traveling mercenaries of the world.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.