Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama on ANWR - At least he spoke honestly

Phone call from Obama to Anchorage Alaska Office

Does he think with all the land that people will be able to survive?

What does he think of oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge?

“I’m opposed to ANWR drilling. I recognize that the oil and gas industries are enormous economic boons to the state and important to the entire United States economy. But I also believe that the physical beauty of Alaska is one of the world’s great treasures. And we have to preserve it, particularly in light of the fact that climate change is accelerating more rapidly than we expected. And I think the people of Alaska are going to have to make a whole host of adjustments as things like the permafrost soften. Those are critical issues that have to be dealt with and we can’t drill our way out of those problems. We are going to have to instead try to use our energy more wisely and I think the people of Alaska recognize that.â€

[quote]to try to strike the right balance between economic development and tapping into our natural resources, but also understanding that our most important resource is the land itself.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)