Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OBAMA APPOINTMENT: Arif Alikhan, Asst Secretary DHS

Arif Alikhan, currently deputy mayor for the city of Los Angeles, was appointed as assistant secretary for the Office of Policy Development at the Department of Homeland Security.

Muslim Democrats welcome Alikhan’s appointment

At a banquet/fundraiser for the Islamic Shura Council of Southern California last weekend, the first speaker was Arif Alikhan (Deputy Mayor of Los Angeles - in charge of public safety for the city). He bid farewell, as he is going to take a post as Assistant Secretary at the Department of Homeland Security. Arif Alikhan is a devout Sunni and the son of Pakistani immigrants (here).

....speakers included Arif Ali Khan, the former Deputy Mayor of Los Angeles. He bid the attendees farewell as he prepared to leave the Los Angeles area for Washington, D. C. There he will serve as Assistant Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

Professor Agha Saeed of the American Muslim Task Force (AMT) spoke of the aftermath of 9/11 and the struggle of the Muslim Community against the pervasive atmosphere of Islamophobia and hatred. It was a struggle against the tide - a very strong tide - to prevent Muslims in America from being marginalized and silenced.

Professor Saeed ....issued five demands from Muslims to the Department of Justice. These demands included a cessation to the infiltration by spies of mosques and an end to the introduction of agents provocateur. In addition there was to be a cessation of attempts to undermine Muslim groups such as the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR).

This is where Alikhan spoke? He was comfortable with this terror talk?

Why Alikhan? DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano noted Alikhan’s “broad and impressive array of experience in national security, emergency preparedness and counterterrorism.â€
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

Statement by Secretary Napolitano on President Obama's Intent to Nominate David Heyman as Assistant Secretary for Policy and her Appointment of Arif Alikhan as Assistant Secretary for Policy Development
    share this page

Release Date: April 24, 2009

For Immediate Release
    Office of the Press Secretary

“Today, I am proud to make two key personnel announcements for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)—President Obama’s intent to nominate David Heyman as Assistant Secretary for Policy and my appointment of Arif Alikhan as Assistant Secretary for Policy Development. Both individuals bring a broad and impressive array of experience in national security, emergency preparedness and counterterrorism to the Department.

David comes from the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), where he founded and was Senior Fellow of the Homeland Security Program and led the Center’s programs on preventing, mitigating and responding to catastrophic terrorism and natural disasters. With more than 20 years of experience in government, the non-profit community and the private sector, he is a highly regarded expert in U.S. national security policy and international affairs.

Arif comes from Los Angeles Mayor Antonio R. Villaraigosa’s office, where he served as Deputy Mayor for Homeland Security and Public Safety. As a key adviser to the Mayor, he has led the City’s efforts to develop homeland security, emergency management and law enforcement initiatives, including operational oversight of Los Angeles Police, Fire and Emergency Management departments. He is a former federal prosecutor and senior advisor to the U.S. Attorney General, and has partnered extensively with local, state and federal agencies,â€
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

MW
    You've got to be kidding me. Someone please tell me this is a satirical article.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Don't think dhs.gov is much into satire other than our immigration laws.

Northern California (moved back to fight for our land and freedom)
    Everyday it's something new to make me scratch my head and wonder what the hell this dope and his terrorist staff are doing. Is anyone else out there getting more nervous than you have been in the last three or four months?

This has been eating at me all day....its like putting the fox to guard the hen house.

Quote Originally Posted by laughinglynx
    Everyday it's something new to make me scratch my head and wonder what the hell this dope and his terrorist staff are doing. Is anyone else out there getting more nervous than you have been in the last three or four months?
    Yes. Very nervous. Seriously scared. It is difficult to keep up with the daily insanity.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Just this evening, in another post about NY Dept of Health, some of us commented about how things are so crazy, and moving at such lightning speed, that things one used to joke about are now actually coming true.

Ex: Soon we'll probably have a devout Sunni Muslim from the American Muslim Task Force as a Secretary of Homeland Security. Just kidding. -------- Oh, guess not.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Northern California (moved back to fight for our land and freedom)
    builditnow, I thought we already had that. Isn't Janet a terrorist or did I miss something?

Professor Saeed ....issued five demands from Muslims to the Department of Justice. These demands included a cessation to the infiltration by spies of mosques and an end to the introduction of agents provocateur. In addition there was to be a cessation of attempts to undermine Muslim groups such as the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR).

Five demands from Muslims to the Department of Justice. That sure didn't take long did it! That's how it starts. I'm telling you, I don't think Napolitano is playing with a full deck.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)