WASHINGTON (AP) _ Sen. Barack Obama is getting a push toward a presidential run from someone close to home _ his fellow Democratic senator from Illinois, Dick Durbin.

"I've sat down with him and said, 'You ought to look at this long and hard,'" Durbin, the Democrats' No. 2 leader in the Senate, told "Fox News Sunday."

"I know many people are saying wait, and he may decide to wait," Durbin said. "But he ought to take a hard look at it."

Obama, 44, who was elected to the Senate in 2004, has said he will not run for president in 2008. He was a state senator for seven years and came to national attention when he delivered the keynote address at the 2004 Democratic National Convention.

Durbin said Obama brings something special to politics.

"He connects with people better than anyone I've ever seen. He is the No. 1 person sought after to speak at Democratic events across the United States of America. I think he has dramatic potential to unite this country, both red and blue," Durbin said.

And, yes, Durbin said he would endorse an Obama candidacy should he decide to run in 2008.

___

I know they want this guy in but they are pushing for the minority vote and this guy LOVES ILLEGALS!!!!!!!