Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Obama to business owners: ‘You didn’t build that’

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama to business owners: ‘You didn’t build that’

Obama to business owners: ‘You didn’t build that’
    Posted on July 16, 2012 by Conservative Byte
    Print Friendly

President Obama, in a speech to supporters, suggested business owners owe their success to government investment in infrastructure and other projects — saying “if you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that.”
    Obama’s comment Friday during a campaign stop in Roanoke, Va., came just days after he urged Congress to extend tax cuts enacted during the Bush administration only to families earning less than $250,000 annually — part of his argument that top earners have an obligation to pay more to trim the deficit.

“There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me because they want to give something back,” the president said. “If you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.”

Continue Reading on Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos & News Videos ...

]b]video at link below[/b]

Obama to business owners: ‘You didn’t build that’ | Conservative Byte

I Am Offended by Obama’s ‘You Didn’t Build That Business’ Comment
    Monday, July 16, 2012 1:35

Shortly before the November election, I will celebrate the completion of 10 years in business as the President and Owner of an Insurance Agency. One that my wife and I have built with our own sweat and long, hard hours chained to a desk with almost no time off.

In July of 2002, almost exactly 10 years ago today, I was notified while on vacation in Orlando Florida that I was being laid off, a victim of the total collapse of the tech sector.

I have spent most of my time after leaving the Navy working on and learning computers and both voice and data communications. I have always taken pride in the fact that I was able to make a living doing something that was also my hobby. Few people are actually able to say that.

9/11 had something to do with the loss of my job, but I believe the most devastating blow was also the most profitable aspect of the technical sector. Y2K. Remember the “bug” that had everyone afraid that ATM’s would quit working and planes would fall from the sky?

Well, every company and individual upgraded everything they owned with a plug in the last couple of years of the 1990′s. So on January 1, 2000 everybody just stopped buying. Boom. Totally flat.

Real Estate did well as did some other aspects of the economy. But everything from Digital Stores to Dot Coms all went belly up.

I managed to hold on for a bit over a year and a half, but it was obvious that it would be a while before people were ready to buy new computers. They already updated everything.

I got a severance package, but that was only going to last a few months. I had to find something fast.

After a month or so, it became painfully obvious that I was not going to find anything very quickly and decided to take things into my own hands. I decided to open an Insurance Agency. I had no experience in insurance in my life prior to that time, but it was an opportunity I believed I could handle.

Between the end of August, 2002 and November 2002, I had to learn insurance, pass the test – which is no easy task – and somehow find a location, furnish it and make money. And money was something that was in short supply, being unemployed and all.

No problem, right? There is plenty of assistance for people wanting to start up a business isn’t there? Obama said so!

Well, no. The Small Business Association was not interested. My bank was not interested and the dozen or so other banks I spoke with were not interested in helping me get off the ground.

In the end, I had to do what almost every other entrepreneur is forced to do. I had to get an equity line on my house to open a business that would, hopefully, not only pay back my equity but provide enough income to support me, my wife and our two kids.

The government was absolutely no help. In fact, the biggest obstacle I had to overcome was the government. Federal, State and Local government folks all came by with their hand out. Insurance licenses, business licenses, inspections, rules, regulations, and hurdle after hurdle.

I can honestly say that I do not owe one drop of gratitude to the government Obama believes is responsible for my success. I have done something most new businesses don’t do – survived for 10 years – even under this horrific Obama economy.

There is one thing that I am sure of, though. If I was forced to start this process all over today, I would not be willing to risk my house in the economy that Obama has built and I would have been afraid to hire a single employee.

I am still the president of the agency, but my wife, who has every bit as much invested in this venture as I do, maybe more, is running the office day to day. I begin every day at 5:00 AM and spend at least 90 minutes doing the preparatory work for the day, and I give my wife a break on Saturdays and work that one day per week. But each morning after I do the prep work for the agency, I head out to my IT job that I have had for the last 5 years.

You see, the government did not help with my health insurance (I sell mostly Auto Insurance) and I had to pay a lot to keep coverage. And it was very hard to make those payments every month.

But I didn’t go whining to the government and demand that someone else pay for my medical care. I found a job that provides health insurance and also happens to be the type of job I love.

No, Mr. Obama. I don’t own my success to you or to the government. I owe my success to an attitude that I can do for myself. I don’t need government to help me and neither did most of the small business owners across America today. My story is not unique, it is the norm for entrepreneurs.

At least it used to be.

I have survived unemployment, I survived the lack of anyone willing to loan me the money I needed to start my business and I managed to overcome the roadblocks that were in place to slow my progress.

But I am one of those “old school” people who were taught that hard work pays off. That depending on government or the kindness of others is a losing bet.

My wife and I both put in at least 80 house every week between the two businesses and I still find time to do everything I can to get you and your lazy “America is Unfair” attitude out of our White House.

I would love to expand my insurance business. I would love to hire more people. But as long as the best you can do is tell me I should be thankful for the government that built my business, I will continue to do everything I possible can to elect someone to the White House that understands work ethic. Someone who believes in the American people and not in the American government.

I don’t want a handout from the government. I want the government to get the hell out of my way so I can prosper.

Sometimes I feel like I am trying to make a difficult three point shot to win and you are the point guard in my face doing everything you can to make me miss.

It is so painfully obvious you are not on my team and not on the team of businesses.

And the really sad thing is, if you would either work with us, or better yet, get out of the way, the economy would recover and unemployment would drop like a stone.

No, Mr. Obama. You are due no gratitude for my business. You wouldn’t make it a week doing what I do.

You are too dependent on others.

Before It's News

Parents of little lemonade entrepreneurs find Obama’s small biz advice leaves sour taste
    Posted on July 18, 2012 by Conservative Byte
    Print Friendly

A pair of sisters who run a thriving lemonade stand in Texas beg to differ with President Obama’s message that entrepreneurs “didn’t get there on your own,” and several grownups who groom the next generation of small business owners say the kids are right.

Clara Sutton, 7, and little sister Eliza, 4, started CoolBlast Lemonade in their suburban Houston neighborhood, and quickly generated business brisk enough to bring on another employee, younger brother Eirik. Their father said the kids have gotten a business education right out in front of their home under the watchful eyes of their parents — but with no help from the government.

Continue Reading on Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos & News Videos ...

Parents of little lemonade entrepreneurs find Obama’s small biz advice leaves sour taste | Conservative Byte

Obama in Full Blown Panic Mode Over ‘You Didn’t Build That’ Remark

Thursday, July 26, 2012

President Obama’s campaign scrambled to combat Republican efforts to highlight his “you didn’t build that” remark — a sign there are concerns the story could have legs far into the election cycle.

Team Obama released a new television ad late Tuesday with the president himself directly addressing the controversy. And the Democratic National Committee circulated a memo Wednesday detailing how it would respond to the GOP messaging.

The actions indicate Democrats are concerned the remark could haunt the campaign, especially given the persistent GOP strikes at Obama’s handling of the economy. Republicans have repeatedly knocked the president for not understanding the private sector, and their attacks have been amplified by criticism from business leaders, who were unhappy with Obama’s comment.

new video at link below of his backtracking

Obama in Full Blown Panic Mode Over ‘You Didn’t Build That’ Remark – Patriot Update

This is from another site......

Obama is still in Full Blown Panic Mode Over ‘You Didn’t Build That’ Remark
    July 27th, 2012 | Author: The Meister

President Obama’s campaign scrambled to combat Republican efforts to highlight his “you didn’t build that” remark — a sign there are concerns the story could have legs far into the election cycle.

Team Obama released a new television ad late Tuesday with the president himself directly addressing the controversy. And the Democratic National Committee circulated a memo Wednesday detailing how it would respond to the GOP messaging.

The actions indicate Democrats are concerned the remark could haunt the campaign, especially given the persistent GOP strikes at Obama’s handling of the economy. Republicans have repeatedly knocked the president for not understanding the private sector, and their attacks have been amplified by criticism from business leaders, who were unhappy with Obama’s comment.
    “Obama did for Romney what Romney couldn’t do for himself, which is to create a clear contrast and unlock emotions on the key issue of the campaign,” said Republican strategist Ford O’Connell. “It helps Romney with independents, with GOPers and with white, working-class Democrats who needed an economic message that they could rally around.”

In fact, Romney supporters have quickly made “I built that” signs a mainstay of campaign rallies. On Wednesday, the presumptive GOP nominee’s campaign held 24 separate events across 12 battleground states featuring small-business owners who say they’re angry over Obama’s economic philosophy.

Republican eagerness to pounce on the perceived gaffe isn’t surprising, considering that the summer doldrums preceding an election are often fraught with such semantic battles. But the Obama campaign’s willingness to engage is an indication that officials in Chicago are concerned about damage control.

On Tuesday night, the president’s campaign team released a new television ad where the president unequivocally dismissed the attacks from Romney.

“Those ads taking my words about small business out of context — they’re flat-out wrong,” Obama says in the commercial. “Of course Americans build their own businesses. Every day, hardworking people sacrifice to meet a payroll, create jobs and make our economy run. And what I said was that we need to stand behind them, as America always has.”

And, in a memo circulated to reporters by DNC communications director Brad Woodhouse, Democrats pledged to “turn the page” on the issue.

One attempt on Wednesday was an effort to turn the conversation back to Romney’s tenure at Bain Capital. Obama campaign officials highlighted a report from The Associated Press that showed the presumptive Republican nominee continued to have regular contact with his partners in the firm after his 1999 departure date.

Speaking to reporters on Air Force One, Obama campaign spokeswoman Jen Psaki argued the story shows “a continued pattern of secrecy around his involvement there and his time there” and encouraged reporters to read it.

But the Bain story didn’t gain traction — yet.

The Democratic posturing has also given the Romney campaign something to crow about — given that just last week it was reeling from questions about his tenure at Bain and the release of his tax records.

Republicans are clearly enjoying the Democrats’ discomfort.

“This is something that can keep the base fired up at least until the convention, and maybe longer,” said O’Connell. “We’re in the dog days of summer, and you need something that can harness supporters in a concentrated way. The Obama team is smart, instead of arguing about it, to try to get out there and fight back, but it’s going to carry for awhile.”

“I think there’s definitely a little bit of panic in Chicago right now because they realize this comment has clearly struck a chord with the American people,” Republican National Committee communications director Sean Spicer said Wednesday on CNN.

And Romney aides, in emails, described the Obama campaign as “in panic mode.”

Meanwhile, other Republican candidates were looking to draft off the success of Romney’s attacks. In Massachusetts’s pivotal Senate race, Sen. Scott Brown (R) looked to tag Democratic rival Elizabeth Warren with the president’s remarks.

“Even as Obama starts to walk back his ‘you didn’t build that’ comment with his new TV ad, Warren is doubling down — she is, after all, the originator of this idea,” said Brown campaign spokesman Colin Reed.

But while Obama’s phrase — and the Romney attacks — have been dominating the storyline, there are some indications the stumble won’t be a game-changer that substantially undermines the president’s reelection chances.

First of all, the news cycle, which is notoriously fickle, could change easily. The Summer Olympics are starting. And Romney’s overseas trip threatens to draw the candidate substantially off-message just as the attack is reaching a fevered pitch.

Plus, any news out of Romney’s trip could drown out his campaign’s attack.

There were already signs of that Wednesday, when Romney landed in London and was besieged by questions over an anonymous comment in the British press, attributed to a campaign adviser, suggesting Romney was better able to navigate the “special relationship” between the United States and England because of his understanding of “Anglo-Saxon heritage.”

His campaign spent the day denying the remark.

And Romney’s stops, including meetings with British, Israeli, Palestinian and Polish leaders, offer few opportunities to score political points by attacking the president.

It’s also unclear whether the story will have a tangible effect on the polls. While Obama seemed to dominate early July with his attacks on Bain Capital, national polling showed little change. The two men are still running neck and neck.

Source

http://itmakessenseblog.com/2012/07/...d-that-remark/

This shows what kind of man he is, all he knows how to do is backtrack, and lie, backtrack, and lie..
    “Those ads taking my words about small business out of context — they’re flat-out wrong,” Obama says in the commercial. “Of course Americans build their own businesses. Every day, hardworking people sacrifice to meet a payroll, create jobs and make our economy run. And what I said was that we need to stand behind them, as America always has.”.
    .you get the picture! He did say "you didn't build that business", he thinks were stupid and will forget the things he says.......are we awake yet!!!!!
    Last edited by kathyet; 07-30-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Liberal Columnist: These Devastating 'You Didn't Build That' Attacks Sure Are Racist

Guy Benson
    Guy Benson
    Political Editor, Townhall.com

Jul 27, 2012 03:03 PM EST

Like the rising of the sun in the east and its setting in the west, one can always count on some element of the Left to resort to the 'R-word' to shield President Obama from the consequences of his own words and actions. Today, the inevitable officially occurred. Take it away, Jonathan Chait:

Mitt Romney’s plan of blatantly lying about President Obama’s “you didn’t build that” speech is clearly drawing blood. But what makes the attack work so well is not so much the lie itself but the broader subtext of it. Watch Obama’s delivery in the snippet put together by this Republican ad: The key thing is that Obama is angry, and he’s talking not in his normal voice but in a “black dialect.” This strikes at the core of Obama’s entire political identity: a soft-spoken, reasonable African-American with a Kansas accent. From the moment he stepped onto the national stage, Obama’s deepest political fear was being seen as a “traditional” black politician, one who was demanding redistribution from white America on behalf of his fellow African-Americans.

Wow! Obama was speaking in his "black dialect" when he made those remarks? Does Chait have access to a special decoder ring that allows him to divine such dialectical interpretations? There's a whiff of racism here, alright, but it isn't emanating from where Chait thinks it is. As disgusting and obnoxious as it is, Chait's sub-moronic column is unalloyed good news. Liberals have moved from largely ignoring "you didn't build that," hoping it would magically go away, to shouting "out of context!" http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybens...build_that_ads in unison, to flagrant, idiotic race-baiting. (MSNBC actually beat Chait to this punch,http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybens...msnbc_showdown albeit from a slightly different perspective). Put bluntly, this is panic mode. The Wall Street Journal's Kimberly Strassel http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...018773450.html has an inkling of why the desperation is setting in:

The Obama campaign has elevated poll-testing and focus-grouping to near-clinical heights, and the results drive the president's every action: his policies, his campaign venues, his targeted demographics, his messaging. That Mr. Obama felt required—teeth-gritted—to address the "you didn't build that" meme means his vaunted focus groups are sounding alarms. The obsession with tested messages is precisely why the president's rare moments of candor—on free enterprise, on those who "cling to their guns and religion," on the need to "spread the wealth around"—are so revealing. They are a look at the real man.

Ed Morrissey also notes the Obama campaign's worries over the shrinking 'gender gap,' which is why his campaign has put out an ad lying about Mitt Romney's position on abortion:

Even the irredeemably liberal "fact-checker," Politifact, awards this spot a "pants on fire" rating. Why? Because like the majority of Americans, Romney is pro-life -- but he does not support outright bans, even in (extremely rare) cases of rape and incest. It's a desperate and false claim. But while we're on the subject of abortion policy extremism, do you know who voted three times against banning post-birth infanticide of babies who survived botched abortions, then lied about it? Take a wild guess. I'll leave you with two polling data points, one heartening, the other not so much:

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows Mitt Romney attracting 49% of the vote, while President Obama earns support from 44%. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate, and four percent (4%) are undecided. The numbers are similar to the 49% to 43% advantage Romney enjoys on the question of who is trusted more to handle the economy.

An interesting -- although not necessarily meaningful -- catch by Business Insider: Four years ago today, the Rasmussen tracker had Obama leading McCain by the exact same margin, 49-44. Meanwhile, We Ask America has a poll out showing Obama ahead of Romney in must-win Ohio by eight points. In this survey, Romney actually leads with independents, but loses nearly 20 percent (!) of the Republican vote to Obama. Color me intensely skeptical. Obama didn't even come close to that sort of crossover appeal in 2008, when he was at his zenith of popularity.

Liberal Columnist: These Devastating 'You Didn't Build That' Attacks Sure Are Racist - Guy Benson

More links at link above
    Last edited by kathyet; 07-31-2012 at 03:46 PM.

By Charlie Daniels

July 20, 2012

Here's my open letter To Barack Hussein Obama:

Mr. Obama,
    You recently made a statement to the effect that, ”If you have a business you didn't build it, you had help," implying that the federal government helped build our businesses by virtue of paving roads and building bridges and keeping the nation safe from foreign invasion.

First of all, Mr. Obama, if I'm going to take advice about business it will not be from somebody who has had absolutely no business experience like yourself.
    Secondly, Mr. Obama, I vehemently disagree with your premise.
    Where was your government when I spent as much as 16 weeks away from my wife and infant son to get a business started?

Where were you on those cold winter nights when my old bus broke down in the middle of nowhere and we had to scramble to make the next show, nobody from the government came along to give us a ride?

Where was your government when I had to borrow money from a bank to make my payroll?

Where was your government while I was digging out of a two million dollar debt, playing every smoky beer joint I could to keep from losing everything I owned?

Mr. Obama, I want to make you aware of a fact. It is the federal government's responsibility to build roads and bridges and keep the nation safe. That's what the federal government is supposed to do, not create an entitlement society that is totally unsustainable and pile up debt that we can't pay.

And who do you think paid for those roads and bridges in the first place, and have been doing it for 200 years before you were even born?

The citizens of this nation do not need to pay more taxes, the federal government needs to stop spending money it doesn't have and has to borrow. Because the truth of the matter is that no matter how much taxes the government collects, things are only going to get worse because you'll only spend it and demand even more.

Mr. Obama you have divided this nation by making the have-nots believe that anybody who has been successful has done so at their expense, that anything they've accumulated has been stolen, not earned. That hard work and risk had nothing to do with their success, because they’ve just been lucky and should give a big part of what they earn to the government to pass on to those who don't even try to be successful.
    Look at what’s going on with the African-Americans who put their hopes and complete confidence in you and voted overwhelmingly for you. The unemployment rate is 14% and the unemployment among young African Americans is something like 40%
    Is that what hope and change is all about?

Look at what's happening in your hometown of Chicago where the murder rate is through the roof.

Do you think your baseless rhetoric about the unfairness of the successful in America is going to help soothe the situation?

Have you ever considered reaching out to them, instead of fanning the flames?

Mr. Obama I don't think you like America very much. I think you'd like to redesign it from the ground up, to turn it into a lazy, unproductive, secular, socialist society.

Well, that just wont flush in a lot of ways, the most prominent being that when all the productive people have given up and stopped trying, when all the investors stop investing, when 80% of the population is living on government hand outs, your government is going to run out of money and this nation will sink into chaos.

But Mr. Obama, I’m beginning to think that's what you want.

My help cometh from the Lord who made Heaven and Earth - not the government who made debt and class envy.

What do you think?

Pray for our troops, and for our country.
    God Bless America
    Charlie Daniels

‘I Built My Business’ Billboards Await Obama
    Posted on August 2, 2012 by Conservative Byte
    Print Friendly

Back from his overseas tour, Mitt Romney isn’t letting President Obama forget about his “you didn’t build that” remark.

The Republican candidate’s campaign has put up 13 billboards across the Orlando area displaying the message, “I built my business,” MyFoxOrlando reports. The billboards are timed with the president’s arrival later Thursday for a pair of Florida campaign stops.

“We did build our own business,” business owner Tonya Burns, featured in one of the billboards, told MyFoxOrlando.

Burns said she was frustrated over Obama’s remarks earlier this month in Virginia.

Romney camp greets Obama in Florida with 'I built my business' billboards | Fox News

‘I Built My Business’ Billboards Await Obama | Conservative Byte

I wonder if Obummer called Micheal Phelps and told him he didn't earn those 19 gold medals?

If there was ever a president that is a joke, it is obummer.
    He is a true traitor and criminal, I know high school students with more patriotism and sense than this idiot has.

IMPEACH and INPRISION.
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

video at link below

Business Owner Assaulted For Posting Anti-Obama Sign
    Fire it up

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, FOX NEWS HOST: Right now, small business owners from coast to coast are mad, hoping mad! Why? Well, you guessed it.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

BARACK OBAMA, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES: Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed to you thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business, that -- you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VAN SUSTEREN: President Obama insists he was talking about building roads and bridges, but one small business owner isn't buying it, Kevin Kerwin of Portland, Oregon, posting this sign in his store window. His defiant message to the president is grabbing lots of attention. Some people are applauding Kerwin, but others are yelling at him, even hitting him.

Kevin Kerwin joins us. Nice to see you.

KEVIN KERWIN, SMALL BUSINESS OWNER: Hey, Greta. How're you doing?

VAN SUSTEREN: I'm very well. So obviously, the president's statement hit a nerve with you, did it not?

KERWIN: It was the last nerve. He's been hitting nerves since he got elected!

VAN SUSTEREN: All right, so what did you do? First of all (INAUDIBLE) did you hear his whole statement or did you just heart part of it and get mad?

KERWIN: No, I was listening to the speech. And by the time he finished it, I was fuming. And I couldn't take it no more.

VAN SUSTEREN: OK. And so what did you do?

KERWIN: Well, you know, I went in to work and I started thinking about it. And then I was listening to the talk radio in my town and I heard that speech again. And I went up to my door, I locked it, ran to the printer's office, got my sign made up I and stuck it in my window. And I said, I'm mad and I'm not taking it anymore. I'm not going to stay quiet. I'm tired of people telling me to shut up around here, you know? I never get to say anything!

And being in a blue state, I can't even vote for the president because it'll go blue. So I saw my window as my opportunity to say, Hey, I do not believe you. I will never believe you, and I want you gone!

VAN SUSTEREN: All right, now, what I understand is you have -- you've had two signs up. There was a -- first -- there were -- the first sign was taken down. Why was it taken down?

KERWIN: Well, they got this big sign ordinance in Lake Oswego, where you can only use 25 percent of your window. So I was using that for my computer repair business. So I got this bigger sign, 3-by-7 with the Obama statement on it, and I put it above it and filled up the window.

Everything was going OK. They didn't bother me. But then they started getting complaints, and then the police came over to try to take it down. And it was inside my shop, so the police couldn't do it.

So the code enforcement guy came down. He goes, We're going to start fining you $150 a day until that sign comes down. I said, I want to fight you on it. That's freedom of speech. He says, Sorry, sign ordinance. You're going to get fined. What do you want to do?

I said -- he says, Just go use the 25 percent of your window for your statement and we'll be good. I don't care what you say in it. So I thought about it later on that night, and I said, OK, I'll do t. I'll take it down at 6:00 after rush hour and then I'll put up my new sign. And that's -- that was going good. And I still had my statement going. And the rest is history.

VAN SUSTEREN: So I understand some people are supporting you. Some are not. Let me start first with the people who are not. What has been the reaction by those? Tell me what they've done.

KERWIN: Well, I've been a racist, ignorant, uneducated, believing the right-wing media, you know, like, they don't think I can think for myself, you know? And that's -- I'm the last person you will tell that I don't think for myself. Anybody that knows me knows I will say what's on my mind, and I never let anybody, you know, cloud (ph) over my judgment. If I think it's wrong, I know it's wrong because I saw the proof.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right, the people that are supporting you, how did they indicate their support?

KERWIN: God! It's been overwhelming. One after the other will come by, they'll get in front of my shop, take their picture of the sign. They'll stand in front of the sign, send it to all their friends. They come in and shake my hand. I mean, it's been unreal! I mean, I've even had people around 18 years old come in my shop and go, Awesome sign, dude! You know? I mean, that was really cool! The young people are getting it, you know?

(CROSSTALK)

VAN SUSTEREN: You obviously are not going to vote for President Obama. I think that's pretty clear. I'm curious, have you -- have you always been a Republican?

KERWIN: Pretty much. I got to thinking about it. I started voting when Jimmy Carter and Gerald Ford ran. And I voted for Jimmy Carter. I was 18 years old, you know? And we were just going through the Nixon Watergate stuff, and everybody was tired of it, you know? So Jimmy Carter's sitting there in a field of grass with his hands on his knees saying, I'm Jimmy Carter. And I was in the South and I voted for him. Well, the rest is history with that one, and the rest has been conservative.

VAN SUSTEREN: Is -- has President Obama done anything in particular that you happen to agree with?

KERWIN: Boy, no. Not at all. Not at all.

VAN SUSTEREN: Nothing. Has he done...

(CROSSTALK)

KERWIN: He said he was going to be transparent.

VAN SUSTEREN: Has he done anything that has hurt your business or helped your business directly?

KERWIN: You know, Greta, to know me is to understand that I will not let my business stand in the way of me getting angry and saying what's on my mind. I put my business at risk putting that sign up, but I was so fed up with Obama, I was so fed up by not being able to tell the people how I feel because everybody around here's too scared to talk if you're a conservative because of the liberal base.

They're afraid your car's going to get keyed, your windows are going to get broken. Some guy, you know, had a Republican sign on his front porch, and they burned it down, someone told me. I can't verify that, but I think you can find it.

And you know, it's just ridiculous. (INAUDIBLE) people are too scared to talk. I didn't think this was Nazi Germany. Everybody has a right to speak. And I wish they'd get that through their thick skulls that they're not the only ones that get to protest.

VAN SUSTEREN: Well, and indeed, you've been able to protest tonight. You've been able to speak. Kevin, thank you for joining us.

KERWIN: Thank you, Greta.
    ================================================== ===========================================

Victoria Taft reports on small business owner Kevin "The Geek" Kerwin who was assaulted over an anti-Obama sign hanging in his store window...

Ever since President Obama said to small business America that they “didn’t do that” and “you didn’t build that,” Kevin “The Geek” Kerwin has been on the warpath at his Lake Oswego, Oregon computer fix it shop.

Kerwin came to Oregon to get a fresh start after being wiped out by Hurricane Katrina . He started his business with the money he had in his pocket.

Those Presidential words berating his hard work and sacrifice were the final straw. He put a sign in his window:

Kevin “The Geek” got an interesting customer yesterday at his Lake Oswego based business. A Dunthorpe doyenne entered his store, began berating the businessman for his anti Obama sign, and when he insisted he wouldn’t take it down, slapped him. He threatened to call the cops but she left and then shuffled across the street and lost herself in the stores and parking lot...

Business Owner Assaulted For Posting Anti-Obama Sign - US - Fox Nation

1883 comments but guess what they are closed!!!!!

You Still Didn’t Build That: Obama Says Top 2% Are ‘Lucky,’ ‘Fortunate,’ and ‘Blessed’

Call it “You didn’t build that!” 2.0. Speaking in Iowa Tuesday, President Obama negated the idea that the wealthy got that way by working for it.

video at link below

OBAMA: But but but…here’s the thing. I-I-I If you’re lucky enough, if you’re fortunate enough, and been blessed enough, to be in the other 2%, the top 2%, you still get a tax cut for that first $250,000 of income. All we’re saying is, after that, maybe you can do a little bit more to help pay down this deficit, and invest in things like education that help our economy grow.”

This is textbook tax and spend, class warfare liberal Democrat policies, the same kind that have been consistently rejected by American voters since George McGovern.

The PJ Tatler » You Still Didn’t Build That: Obama Says Top 2% Are ‘Lucky,’ ‘Fortunate,’ and ‘Blessed’

but, but, but, you can do more to pay down this deficit that he created?????? Are we all awake yet????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast