Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Obama calls on Iran to 'stop all violent and unjust actions'

June 20, 2009

Obama directly addresses the Iranian government for the first time after a day of violence in Iran:

The Iranian government must understand that the world is watching. We mourn each and every innocent life that is lost. We call on the Iranian government to stop all violent and unjust actions against its own people. The universal rights to assembly and free speech must be respected, and the United States stands with all who seek to exercise those rights.

As I said in Cairo, suppressing ideas never succeeds in making them go away. The Iranian people will ultimately judge the actions of their own government. If the Iranian government seeks the respect of the international community, it must respect the dignity of its own people and govern through consent, not coercion.

Martin Luther King once said - “The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    The Iranian people will ultimately judge the actions of their own government.
    Funny... I was thinking the same thing about the corruption in our government
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Or else he'll do what? Oh yeah....I forgot. Any excuse to go in and start a war in Iran too.....silly me.

I won't risk breaking a nail typing in my response pointing out the hypocrisy of any remark from obama concerning unjust actions of a government........

"Or else he'll do what" is well said (He has no backbone whatsoever)

Quote Originally Posted by USAFVeteran
    "Or else he'll do what" is well said (He has no backbone whatsoever)

Thank you USAFV.

And, as we saw, his "do what" was to go out for ice cream......he must've gotten tired of being criticized for golfing his way through crisis' demanding his attention

I have to disagree. The rest of the world's nations realize we can blow them off the planet so there is no reason to pound on the point. There is no way we should insert ourselves into Iran with our political preference, just like we would love to hear form China or Russia about our differing opinions. Few Americans agree on everything, but that is our sovereign right, just like it is Iran's to protest what they see as skewed elections.

Vortex,

What do you think Obama should do with N. Korea (i.e. their continual threats, potential future missile launches, and the ship that we are following ....BUT are prevented from boarding without PERMISSION

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    I have to disagree. The rest of the world's nations realize we can blow them off the planet so there is no reason to pound on the point. There is no way we should insert ourselves into Iran with our political preference, just like we would love to hear form China or Russia about our differing opinions. Few Americans agree on everything, but that is our sovereign right, just like it is Iran's to protest what they see as skewed elections.

If we follow that line of logic V, then what will be the justification when obama sends our troops to Iran?

Airborne wrote,

Quote:
    The Iranian people will ultimately judge the actions of their own government.

Funny... I was thinking the same thing about the corruption in our government
    While I agree with your thoughts Airborne, Oprah has taught us that it is always more interesting looking at the problems of others.

Skewed elections,.........where?