Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Obama finally declares support for same-sex marriage

Or as Fox Nation puts it: "Obama flip flops, declares war on marriage". Haha. Almost spilled my drink after reading that.

Though they are right about the flip flopping. Funny how he accuses Romney of it (and rightfully so) and does the same thing 5 minutes later.

Anyways, good on him for doing something right for once. Wonder what the heck took him so ******* long. He'll lose the support of the religious community, but he can make up for it among us young voters and atheists who don't give a **** who you marry as long as he/she is a consenting adult.

Now Congress needs do the same.

TIME TO MOVE FORWARD AMERICA.

http://nation.foxnews.com/president-...e-sex-marriage
    Last edited by working4change; 05-09-2012 at 04:52 PM.

From the link(there's also a video that shows the Obummer Flip Flop):

Obama declares support for gay marriage

By Rick Klein | ABC OTUS News

President Obama today announced that he now supports same-sex marriage, reversing his longstanding opposition amid growing pressure from the Democratic base and even his own vice president.

In an interview with ABC News’ Robin Roberts, the president described his thought process as an “evolution” that led him to this place, based on conversations with his own staff members, openly gay and lesbian service members, and conversations with his wife and own daughters.

"I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I have talked to friends and family and neighbors when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together, when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that Don't Ask Don't Tell is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married,” Obama told Roberts.

==========

FLASHBACK: In 2004, Obama Struggled to Explain Gay Marriage Views

Last edited by Mayday; 05-09-2012 at 07:47 PM.

It is all about votes. You know the say anything and do anything to buy votes any way he can theory...Of course when and if he wins things will change again after all isn't he the "Change President"!!!!

The corporation don't want that, more people to insure for them it is bad enough they have to insure the workers and their families they do now. That goes against their bottom line. They are trying to get rid of that as it is...Obamacare here we come from their pocket to the tax payers!!!! Kind of like Public and private partnerships they get the profit we get the bills...are we a wake yet?????

Obama To Supporters After Gay Marriage Flip: Donate To My Campaign “If You Agree” …
    http://conservativebyte.com/2012/05/...-if-you-agree/

Last edited by kathyet; 05-10-2012 at 11:52 AM.

working4change
    Moving to Other Topics

Just to prove how sleazy the Obama campaign can be, they have now gone back to Romney's HIGH SCHOOL DAYS to accuse him of bashing gays. Reasonable people realize that this is simply a blatantly base smear campaign aimed to getting money.

I would hope that at his age Romney has evolved past teenage pranks. Of course we are not allowed to know about Obama's "Pranks" because his past life and records are hidden. We sort of know about his drug use and radical associations, but he is hiding everything else. There is no telling what we all might learn if Obama's records were as open and transparent as apparently Romney's are.

Place this contrived story released, conveniently right after the Organizer in Chief has made his little announcement of evolving to support gay marriage, (got to get those poll numbers up a and some money rolling in) in the "How low can you go, scraping the bottom of the political pig trough" category. JMO

Romney Apologizes After Report He Bullied Fellow Student
    By Lisa Lerer - May 10, 2012 11:01 PM CT

Mitt Romney defended himself against a report he bullied fellow high school students suspected of being homosexual, as President Barack Obama’s campaign suggested the presumptive Republican nominee is intolerant on gay rights.

Romney apologized yesterday for any high school pranks that might have been offensive following a Washington Post report that, according to others at the private school he attended, he led a group of boys in pushing down a screaming fellow student who was often taunted about his presumed sexual orientation.

Mitt Romney with his family after his father was elected Governor of Michigan, November 7,1962. Photograph: AP Photo
    “Back in high school, I did some dumb things, and if anybody was hurt by that or offended, obviously I apologize,” Romney, 65, said in an interview on Fox News Radio yesterday. “I don’t recall the incident myself,” he said in a later interview on the Fox News television channel. “I had no idea what that individual’s sexual orientation might be.”

The report, a day after Obama announced his support for same-sex marriage, added fuel to Democratic claims that Romney is out of step on gay issues. Democrats also tried to capitalize on Obama’s decision to endorse gay marriage with new fundraising appeals.

Not ‘Helpful’
    The harassment story was “not a particularly helpful one” for Romney, said John Pitney, a professor of politics at Claremont McKenna College in California. Still, he said, “I think a lot of us probably have forgotten some of the nasty stuff we have done in high school.”

The Post article included accounts from five classmates of Romney’s at the private Cranbrook School in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. They said Romney led a group that shoved John Lauber, who later came out as gay, to the floor and cut his long, bleached-blond hair.

Phillip Maxwell told the Post he was in the dorm room where the incident occurred and described it as “vicious.”

Maxwell, a lawyer, later told ABC News he was among those holding Lauber down and Romney helped with the hair cutting. The incident is “a haunting memory,” he said.

Another student, Gary Hummel, a closeted gay at the time, said his efforts to speak in class were punctuated by shouts of “Atta girl” from Romney, the Post reported.

There is a renewed national debate on gay rights after Obama announced his personal support for same-sex marriage in a May 9 interview with ABC News.

Appeal to Donors
    Obama’s campaign e-mailed an appeal to donors hours after the president said he resolved what for years was an “evolving” position on gay marriage and publicly reversed his previous opposition to same-sex unions.

“I decided it was time to affirm my personal belief that same-sex couples should be allowed to marry,” said the campaign e-mail, which asked for donations.

The campaign also sought to raise millions more at three West Coast fundraisers last night, including dinner at the Los Angeles home of movie star George Clooney.

About 150 guests paid $40,000 a ticket to attend the event featuring Clooney and Jeffrey Katzenberg, chief executive officer of Glendale, California-based Dreamworks Animation Skg (DWA) Inc. Supporters were also urged to contribute to a pro-Obama political action committee that can take unlimited donations to compete against similar super-PACs supporting Romney.

Obama’s campaign released a web video attacking Romney for opposing same-sex marriage and some legal benefits for gay couples.

Doubling Down
    “Mitt Romney doubled down on his belief that for the first time in our nation’s history, we should amend our Constitution to include discrimination,” Lis Smith, spokeswoman for the Obama campaign, said in a statement.

Romney supports amending the Constitution to define marriage as a relationship between a man and a woman. He does back some domestic partnership benefits and expressed support yesterday for the right of gay couples to adopt children.

“I also know many gay couples are able to adopt children. That is fine,” Romney said in the Fox News television interview.

In an effort to tamp down reaction to the Post story, Romney aides set up the Fox radio interview. Campaign aides also reached out to former high school friends to share more positive recollections of Romney, according to a staff member.

‘A Thoughtful Guy’
    “Mitt was a thoughtful guy with a great sense of humor who cared about his classmates,” said Richard Moon in one of the statements. “He would never go out and do anything mean spirited. Clownish, yes. Never mean.”

“Mitt has led an idyllic life,” said Al Cardenas, chairman of the American Conservative Union. “In Mitt’s case, if the worst they can come with in a man’s upbringing is maybe a little something in high school, an isolated incident, I don’t think it’s a character issue.”

The Post quoted fellow students, including a former girlfriend, who described Romney as an industrious leader at Cranbrook, where children from the state’s wealthiest families ate in a chandeliered dining room and studied in reading rooms decorated with frescoes and marble friezes. Romney attended the school while his father, George, headed American Motors Co. and served as governor of Michigan.

The school’s complex of buildings are “located on a beautiful 315-acre campus, known as one of the masterpieces of American architecture,” according to the Cranbrook website.

Romney, in the Fox News radio interview, said marrying his wife, Ann, whom he met while at Cranbrook, and going on a Mormon mission in France changed him into a “very different person.”

Romney, who graduated from high school in 1965, questioned how much of a candidate’s background is fair game, given that the incidents in question happened close to 50 years ago.

“There’s going to be some that want to talk about high school,” he said. “Well, if you really think that’s important, be my guest.”
    Romney Apologizes After Report He Bullied Fellow Student - Bloomberg
    Last edited by Newmexican; 05-11-2012 at 07:46 AM.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Romney Backs Away From Gay Adoptions

By Matthew Shelley

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney on Friday backed away from his support of adoptions by gay couples, saying that he simply “acknowledges” the legality of such adoptions in many states.

A day earlier, Romney, in an interview with Fox News host Neil Cavuto, had indicated that while he does not support same-sex marriage, he considers the adoption of children by gay couples a “right.”

He said on Thursday: “And if two people of the same gender want to live together, want to have a loving relationship, or even to adopt a child — in my state, individuals of the same sex were able to adopt children. In my view, that’s something that people have a right to do. But to call that 'marriage' is something that, in my view, is a departure from the real meaning of that word.”

On Friday,he was asked, in an interview with CBS affiliate WBTV in Charlotte, N.C., how his opposition to gay marriage “squared” with his support for gay adoptions. Romney told anchor Paul Cameron, “Well, actually I think all states but one allow gay adoption, so that’s a position which has been decided by most of the state legislatures, including the one in my state some time ago. So I simply acknowledge the fact that gay adoption is legal in all states but one.”

Romney did remain consistent on one point: He said he does not intend to use President Obama’s flip-flop of same-sex marriage against him in the campaign. Obama, who opposed gay marriage when he ran for president in 2008, said this week he now supports it. Romney said, “I think the issue of marriage and gay marriage is a very tender and sensitive topic. People come out in different places on this. The president has changed course in regards to this topic. I think that’s his right to do that. I have a different view than he does. I believe marriage is a relationship between a man and a woman, but I just don’t think that this becomes a hot political issue dividing our nation.”

On another topic, Romney said that he thinks the Occupy Wall Street protesters who targeted the Bank of America in Charlotte this week are too young to understand the economy or what banks do.

Asked what message he had for the protestors, Romney said, “Unfortunately, a lot of young folks haven’t had the opportunity to really understand how the economy works, and what it takes to put people to work in real jobs, and why we have banks, and what banks do. I understand — it’s a very understandable sentiment if you don’t find a job, and you can’t see rising incomes. You’re going to be angry and looking at someone to blame. But the people to blame and the person to blame is the president and the old school liberals that have not gotten this economy turned around.”

Romney added, “This is a time for new direction for America, and for someone who understands how to get the economy going again — and I do — and to get good jobs again, and to make sure that kids coming out of school, whether high school or college, can find a good job. I know how important that is. I know how angry people are that they can’t find those jobs.”

Romney Backs Away From Gay Adoptions - Matthew Shelley - NationalJournal.com