Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama kills bipartisan deal, then Reid resorts to smoke and

Posted at 08:45 AM ET, 07/25/2011

Obama kills bipartisan deal, then Reid resorts to smoke and mirrors
    By Jennifer Rubin

As I reported earlier, the president rejected a bipartisan congressional deal that would have calmed the markets, resolved the debt-ceiling crisis and restored faith in Washington politicians. President Obama was having none of it, demonstrating once and for all that the problem is NOT the House Republicans, but the election-obsessed White House.

So then the parties begin to devise separate congressional plans. The Post reports, “Senate Democrats are preparing to introduce legislation that would avert a national default on Aug. 2 and achieve $2.7 trillion in deficit savings over the next decade without raising taxes.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The problem with any of these deals is that nothing is specific. I do not want them to pass a bill they haven't read and thanks to those radical tea partiers, they might actually read the bill they pass. The markets will probably dance in the streets if the gov shuts down. I am on ss and I am a bit worried as , to prove an illogical point, Obamadenijad will probably pick on us to not pay instead of cutting bloated government programs.

Banned
    If you look at the deal that he turned down anybody in their right mind would have.Republicans want to vote on debt ceiling 1 more time before year is out.If they are having this much problem now how much will they have in November in election time.Reid and Dems.in senate proposed a deal to make 2.5 trillion in cuts but not in ss medicade medicare and no raising of taxes and not touching breaks and loop holes but Boehner and tea people in house rejected that they want cuts in ss medicade medicare.That shows you where they stand.SCREW the people as long as we have our way.The proposel the house passed the other day cap cut and balance would cut 7 thousand jobs starting in October and cut ss medicade and voucher medicare.I dont know about you but i dont want to see those cuts happen.I worked and payed into it to have a decent life in retirement but republicans dont want you too.SS is a self funded program has nothing to do with budget,but it has become a budget issue because goverment has barrowed from it for several years dropping i o u in ss fund now they have to pay it back out of the budget.Thats money you paid in that should have not been touched but it has no is the time to put some back,arent you glad Bush didnt get his way and put ss in the stock market we wouldnt have nothing.Goverment keeps raising age to draw ss medicade medicare hoping youll die so they dont have to pay out and keep your money.