Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Obama loses the Left: suddenly, it’s cool to bash Barack

Europe still worships him and Washington's Obamatrons remain smitten, but former supporters are turning on the President

Obama loses the Left: suddenly, it’s cool to bash Barack

Toby Harnden
    Published: 3:07PM BST 05 Jun 2010

President Barack Obama presents Paul McCartney with the Gershwin Prize for Popular Song at the White House Photo: AP

Well, at least he's still got Sir Paul McCartney. At the White House last week, the 67-year-old crooner was gushing in much the same manner as his own groupies did at Shea Stadium in 1965. "I'm a big fan, he's a great guy," McCartney told American critics of President Barack Obama. "So lay off him, he's doing great."

Later, McCartney serenaded the First Lady with a rendition of Michelle and, receiving a prize from the Library of Congress, took a cheap shot at President George W Bush that was as unfunny as it was unoriginal. “After the last eight years, it’s great to have a president who knows what a library is.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

McCartney's uncalled for comment was disappointing, but not surprising.

This is the band that declared themselves "more popular than God" (Lennon actually said it - none of the others disputed it). What else would we expect from a man who made his millions on Americans money thru record sales, etc only to slap us in the face with a decidedly UNfunny cut at Bush.

By the way, Bush was and still is an avid reader, for what it's worth.

The man's been out of office for almost TWO YEARS now and I still hear cuts at him almost daily....personally I no longer see the purpose in it and I've grown really tired of the same old rhetoric.

Get over it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)