Obama Scouts Out Vacation Spot During Summit

April 17, 2012
by Bryan Nash

During their tenure in the White House, the Obamas have taken 16 vacations.

In a recent interview, President Barack Obama nodded in agreement as news anchor Larry Conners of KMOV in St. Louis said: “Some of our viewers are complaining they get frustrated, even angered.” The nodding stopped as Conners continued: “When they see the first family jetting around, different vacations and so forth, and sometimes they think maybe under the color of State and business and that you’re out of touch, you don’t know really know what they’re experiencing right now.”

Obama responded: “I don’t know how many viewers you’re talking about that say that.” He further explained that it is not his choice, but rather a necessity that he travel through Air Force One — the safe mode of travel that costs about $180,000 hourly.

Then, at the Summit of the Americas in Colombia last week, Obama said: “I want to thank President Santos and the people of Colombia for the extraordinary hospitality in the beautiful city of Cartagena. We’re having a wonderful time. And usually when I take these summit trips, part of my job is to scout out where I may want to bring Michelle back later for vacation. So we’ll make sure to come back sometime in the near future.”

Obama Scouts Out Vacation Spot During Summit : Personal Liberty Alerts=