Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama to Skip Wreath Laying Ceremony at Arlington on Monday

President Obama went to Arlington Cemetery to lay the wreath last year, but this year Obama’s handing the wreath to Plugs and heading off to the more welcoming political climes of Chicago:

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama plans to spend a long holiday weekend in Chicago.

The White House says Obama and his family will travel to their hometown on Thursday and stay through the weekend. It will be their first trip back home since a visit for Valentine’s Day weekend in February 2009.

On Monday, Obama is scheduled to participate in a Memorial Day ceremony at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Elwood, Ill.

In Obama’s absence, Vice President Joe Biden will participate in the customary wreath-laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery outside Washington.
    Obama will however make it back to Washington in time next week to honor Paul McCartney, who has sacrificed so much for the freedoms we enjoy.

Boy, I’m starting to think that West Point speech wasn’t from the heart.

Update: Obama will alter vacation plans slightly and travel to the Gulf on Friday in a desperate attempt to plug the blowout in his approval ratings.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Kip
    That's a slap in the face for all the veterans.

I fully stand behind his decision!

I understand his decision also!
    His arogance once again rears its ugly head.
    He loaths our servicemen and women.
    Watch him exiting airforce one.
    Very dangerous person!
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!

What is the big deal?

He will lay a wreath in Illinois.

Are you saying our veterans who are laid to rest in a cemetary other than Arlington are less worthy of rememberance?
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

To be honest, I think Obama is taking the exact same attitude Bush Jr had... he does not care less about the polls.. he will do what he thinks is right.
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

I think the diffence is tradition. People like and expect our leaders to carry on our traditions. It's called respect.

Obama promised change. I just don't think Americans realized how far this promise went.

i don't have a problem with this ...

presidents a busy man .. he's got things to do ... the VP can handle those dutites as well as anyone ....

i mean it's not like the nation even cares anymore anyways .. face it , the majority of americans are out at the lake having a BQ on memorial day , not laying wreathes or taking a moment out of their day to thank service men and women ...

I would expect an American President to attend, that is not even a question about that.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... AD9FTET7O1

UNBELIEVABLE! If this doesn't get the American people riled up I don't know what else this Anti-American impostor can do?

Maybe if he orders American Idol or Dancing with the Stars canceled more Americans will take notice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast