Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Obama: Stop Listening to Rush Limbaugh

Obama: Stop Listening to Rush Limbaugh

Sunday, January 25, 2009 7:57 PM

President Barack Obama advised Republican leaders Friday that they shouldn’t be listening to Rush Limbaugh if they plan on getting along with him.

"You can't just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done," he told the GOP leaders, according to a report in the New York Post, in the midst of discussions on his planned $1 trillion stimulus package.

[Editor's Note: Will Obama Abolish Rush? A Newsmax Special Report warned of this last year - See It Here]

A White House official later told the Post that Obama was only trying to make a larger point about bipartisan relationships. He also was making it clear that his party controls both the House and the Senate and has the votes to push through his favored versions of legislation.

"There are big things that unify Republicans and Democrats," the official said, referring to the Limbaugh comment. "We shouldn't let partisan politics derail what are very important things that need to get done."

The comments came during the same meeting in which Obama told Rep. Eric Cantor, R-Va., that his plan would be getting pushed through because "I won," according to aides briefed on the meeting.

"I will trump you on that," he added as Cantor was discussing his problems with the stimulus legislation.

"We just have a difference here, and I'm president," Obama continued, according to another account by Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel. Emanuel said Obama was being lighthearted and that lawmakers from both parties laughed. Cantor later agreed that the comment was made with no ill intent.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/obam ... ode=789E-1
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This should make Rush's ratings soar.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh Obama, we should just be drones and listen to your leftist mantra.

This is America, and 60 million people did not vote for you or your ideology. Let freedom of speech ring!

I used to listen to Rush, that is before I realized who the REAL Rush was. That was when I discovered the real Rush, whose lyrics has touched my heart and has spoken to the very being that I am today. The song "The Pass" is one that saved my life.

Proud swaggard out of the schoolyard waiting for the world's applause,
    Rebel without a conscience, martyr without a cause,
    Static on your frequency, elecctrical storm in you veins,
    Raging at unreachable glory, straining at invisible chains.
    And now youre trembling on a rocky ledge
    Staring down into a heartless sea
    Cant face life on a razors edge
    Nothings what you thought it would be

All of us get lost in the darkness
    Dreamers learn to steer by the stars
    All of us do time in the gutter
    Dreamers turn to look at the cars
    Turn around and turn around and turn around
    Turn around and walk the razors edge
    Dont turn your back
    And slam the door on me

Its not as if this barricade
    Blocks the only road
    Its not as if youre all alone
    In wanting to explode

Someone set a bad example
    Made surrender seem all right
    The act of a noble warrior
    Who lost the will to fight

And now youre trembling on a rocky ledge
    Staring down into a heartless sea
    Done with life on a razors edge
    Nothings what you thought it would be

No hero in your tragedy
    No daring in your escape
    No salutes for your surrender
    Nothing noble in your fate
    Christ, what have you done?

Just look at my signature who was written by Neil Peart from Rush: Fools and thieves are will disguised in the temple and marketplace.

Another one of my favorite Neil Peart references to our world. Territories:

A whole wide world, an endless universe
    Yet we keep looking throught the eyeglass in reverse,
    Don't feed the people but we feed the machines
    Can't really feel what international means
    In different circles we keep holding our ground,
    Indifferent circles we keep spinning round and round and round.

These lyrics among others have spoken to me, and he is right. Just like when William compared "Tom Sawyer" to our fight. Limbaugh is the WRONG Rush to be listening to. He is an idiot that would rather see this administration fail that succeed. Fellow Americans, when will we get beyond politics and do what is right? Look at all of Rush's lyrics and see what is being said.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

SicNTiredInSoCal wrote,

"This should make Rush's ratings soar."

Perhaps that was the intention? Place all friction in the appropriate blocks? Afterall, everything that Wonder Boy does there will be disenters. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Run to Rush and he will provide comfort for those who feel disenfranchised, and Wonder Boy has a scapegoat when frictions arise, a natural enemy, an expected dissent. A focus point for the masses that feel betrayed, Mother's skirt to cry on.

A game of ping-pong for the masses.

Wonder Boy will have to prove himself, whether he is a first-rate or second-rate con man. So far he looks second-rate.

He froze the wages of the White House administrators on their first day on the job. He made it sound like such a bold move, just what the masses wanted to hear. Who was expecting a raise next week?

Bold lobby rules. Administration officials cannot lobby his administration for a period of 2 yrs after leaving the administration. Perhaps they will have to settle for lobbying congress instead?

Orders Gitmo closed within 1 yr. No idea where the terrorists will go. Oh yes, the word terrorist is also back in vogue.

Stimulus package? What should we do? So sure while out on the campaign trail on how to put Americans back to work quickly. Oh well, second-rate performance so far. The brilliance is starting to tarnish, buy stock in Tarn-X for brilliant returns.

Anybody keeping count of the number of wind farms and windmills already operating or having been ordered before Wonder Boy flew through the window? Credit where credit is due.

"The only thing worse than a Republican, is a Democrat. The only thing worse than a Democrat, is a Buffalo chip stuck to the bottom of your boot." ME

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    SicNTiredInSoCal wrote,

"This should make Rush's ratings soar."

Perhaps that was the intention? Place all friction in the appropriate blocks? Afterall, everything that Wonder Boy does there will be disenters. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Run to Rush and he will provide comfort for those who feel disenfranchised, and Wonder Boy has a scapegoat when frictions arise, a natural enemy, an expected dissent. A focus point for the masses that feel betrayed, Mother's skirt to cry on.

A game of ping-pong for the masses.

Wonder Boy will have to prove himself, whether he is a first-rate or second-rate con man. So far he looks second-rate.

He froze the wages of the White House administrators on their first day on the job. He made it sound like such a bold move, just what the masses wanted to hear. Who was expecting a raise next week?

Bold lobby rules. Administration officials cannot lobby his administration for a period of 2 yrs after leaving the administration. Perhaps they will have to settle for lobbying congress instead?

Orders Gitmo closed within 1 yr. No idea where the terrorists will go. Oh yes, the word terrorist is also back in vogue.

Stimulus package? What should we do? So sure while out on the campaign trail on how to put Americans back to work quickly. Oh well, second-rate performance so far. The brilliance is starting to tarnish, buy stock in Tarn-X for brilliant returns.

Anybody keeping count of the number of wind farms and windmills already operating or having been ordered before Wonder Boy flew through the window? Credit where credit is due.

"The only thing worse than a Republican, is a Democrat. The only thing worse than a Democrat, is a Buffalo chip stuck to the bottom of your boot." ME
    Point well taken. It's all really just a bunch of spin!

Limbaugh is really a businessman and entertainer. A lot of what he says is against the best interest of common people.

Rush seems to be like other talk show hosts, more than just a entertainer, or businessman, granted that those two seats are the foundation of such enterprises. Rush himself, has pointed this out many times.

As a conservitive I have no problem with the rhetoric based upon and used to reinforce conservitive values in an entertaining manner, I question the timing, and scheduling of the agenda. Where does the schedule originate from? Are breaking news stories just that, like the weather they just happen? This does not mean that they cannot be adjusted or spun to fit the taste of the audience. At the same time news can be labeled as breaking news yet be nothing more than agenda driven and released as breaking news at the appropriate time.

If one has the ability and opportunity to channel surf the talkie shows, both right and left of many shows, one hears the same stories of the day spun or presented to the audience with perhaps a personal perspective from the host of the show intended for the audience of such. News COMMENTARY packaged for the intended audience. Very little ground breaking news. No one leaves the farm.

Why was it breaking news in mid 2007 that this country had an illegal immigration problem? Why was it not a major issue after 911? Why was it not an issue in 1988, or 1989, or 90,or 91, or ?, after the Reagan Amnesty of 1986? Why was there no efforts to see that the laws passed then were indeed enforced? Who was shocked that we had a problem with illegal immigration in 2007?

If one wishes to play the hot stocks they better be getting their tip from the source close to the company in question. If one plays it from the info that comes from the street or public level they missed the boat, the money had already been made. With that in mind it seems that the talkies only regurgitate what was intended for the street, for the public at a point in time when it is too late to play for gain. The gains have already been tallied up and those who were intended to gain have taken possesion of the gains. The groundbreaking news, dat-a-da-dat-a-da-a-dat, is not really groundbreaking to those who have managed and released the story up til the time that it was rendered time for release.

Both the right and the left protect their respective talkies. The talkies are like the head cheer leaders at a game, they help to hype the emotions. It is the coaches who wrote the play book that will determine the outcome of the game.

"The only thing worse than a Republican is a Democrat, the only thing worse than a Democrat is a Buffalo chip stuck to the bottom of your boot." ME