Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama Warns of 'Quiet Riot' Among Blacks

Obama Warns of 'Quiet Riot' Among Blacks

By BOB LEWIS
    AP

HAMPTON, Va. (June 5) - Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama said Tuesday that the Bush administration has done nothing to defuse a "quiet riot" among blacks that threatens to erupt just as riots in Los Angeles did 15 years ago.

The first-term Illinois senator said that with black people from New Orleans and the Gulf Coast still displaced 20 months after Hurricane Katrina , frustration and resentments are building explosively as they did before the 1992 riots.

"This administration was colorblind in its incompetence," Obama said at a conference of black clergy, "but the poverty and the hopelessness was there long before the hurricane .

"All the hurricane did was to pull the curtain back for all the world to see," he said.

Obama's attack on Bush got ovation after ovation from the nearly 8,000 people gathered in Hampton University's Convocation Center, particularly when he denounced the Iraq war and noted that he had opposed it from the outset.

Repeatedly, he referred to the riots that erupted in Los Angeles after a jury acquitted four police officers of assault charges in the 1991 beating of Rodney King, a black motorist, after a high speed chase. Fifty-five people died and 2,000 were injured in several days of riots in the city's black neighborhoods.

"Those 'quiet riots' that take place every day are born from the same place as the fires and the destruction and the police decked out in riot gear and the deaths," Obama said. "They happen when a sense of disconnect settles in and hope dissipates. Despair takes hold and young people all across this country look at the way the world is and believe that things are never going to get any better."

He argued that once a hurricane hits or a jury renders a not guilty verdict, "the frustration is there for all to see."

Obama, who is bidding to become the first black president, took the stage after a succession of ministers repeatedly brought the crowd to its feet, singing, praying and swaying to music.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I posted this because we have McCain threatening that the illegals will riot if they do not get what they want from Americans.

Now we have Obama warning us, for his own political gain of course, of black riots.

The messages are getting more dangerous each day.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh I think it is intentional fear mongering!
    They are warning us that if we show our backbone, we are in for trouble.
    How dare they threaten us?

We do NOT negotiate with terrorists!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will not cowar in fear!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    The messages are getting more dangerous each day.

W
    They are! And it starts with a President that name calls and points fingers and questions the motives and patriotism of Americans who disagree with him.

This is a bad precedent and I agree they are amping up the rhetoric to a intimidate us. It is not healthy.

I'm sorry but that is VERY out of line. He may not have intended too, but he planted a seed...a very very dangerous seed!

He did, but it could backfire on him. Its the hispanics the blacks are getting upset with. Linwood, CA, is about to erupt.....and it is right next to WATTS. Remember WATTS? Linwood has gone from predominately black to something like 9% blacks and 80 some % hispanic.

Oh, so these wannabes think if they frighten us we will vote for them because they are the only hope we have of calming things down.

What a joke these clowns are.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I also think their out of line suggesting riots. It would seem their encouraging the thought of riots for political gain. (By gain, I mean their willing to fearmonger to get their way either by votes to get into political office or by passage of the immigration bill.)

It's disgusting!

Gaiin? If there are riots, politicians are going to get hurt! Can't say we didn't warn them!