Obamacare Rate Shock: Premiums to Skyrocket 88% in Ohio

Kyle Becker
On June 11, 2013
https://twitter.com/kylenbecker

Obamacare is barely implemented and it’s already bleeding Americans dry. Let’s forget about the trillions long-term it’s now forecast to add to the debt (no moon yogurt accounting here), let’s talk about the pain and havoc it’s creating now.

The Washington Times reports, people with calculators and fifth-grade math skills decide:

The Ohio Department of Insurance predicts premiums in 2014 will rise by 88 percent, a direct result of President Obama’s Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

The average cost of insurance premiums will stand about $420, “representing an increase of 88 percent” compared to 2013, the department reported, Forbes said.

“We have warned of these increases,” said Lt. Gov. Mary Taylor, in a statement reported by Forbes. “Consumers will have fewer choices and pay much higher premiums for their health insurance starting in 2014.”
Rates in August 2011 for Ohio residents were projected to increase between 55 percent and 85 percent. By March of 2013, those cost hikes had whittled to an 81 percent prediction. [...]
The Department of Insurance still has to approve the proposed rate hike, Forbes said.

I might already be getting senile in my thirties, but I don’t recall the Dems promising skyrocketing premium rates when they pitched that economy-killing bill known as Obamacare. In fact, the fools who dubiously acted like they read it said it will lower the deficit and even improve your golf swing.

Oh sure, the Democrats will promise you the moon sliced up like pieces of Camembert cheese with soda crackers on the side if you’ll only vote for them. But even my three year old knows that astronomically tall tales are just that; he suspends his disbelief on purpose, not because he’s an adult who refuses to grow up and get a clue.

So why should Democrats be surprised when insurance premiums and healthcare costs go into upper orbit? Because they are worse than childlike when it comes to trusting the U.S. government.

The only thing that may salve the pain of standing in line to get a prostate exam from the icy clawed Kathleen Sebelius will be the schadenfreude of witnessing the dumbfounded look on Democrat voters’ faces as their treatment gets rationed or they have to wait months for a simple procedure. Hey, the truth hurts; and if you’re an idiotic voter, it’s gonna hurt even more soon.

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/06/5854...ioans-in-2014/