Obama's flatulent narcissism

Posted: January 12, 2010
1:00 am Eastern
© 2010

Obama's "the buck stops here" speech is yet another one of his classics. It is a classic contrivance of duplicity, confliction and display of his narcissism.

Three days after the Christmas Day terrorist attack, he claimed that he had ordered an immediate review of "our watch-list system, which our government has had in place for many years." The day after that he said, "It's becoming clear that the system that has been in place for years now is not sufficiently up to date."

His comments were intended as an unambiguous stab at his predecessor President George W. Bush. After all, since taking office, he managed to blame former President Bush for everything but water being wet. Then, just days after those comments, he attempts to become Trumanesque by saying, "The buck stops with me." And so continues the transmogrification of the Chicago hustler, i.e., community organizer.

Show your neighbors what you think of BHO with WND's classic LOL bumper sticker!

Adding to this tawdry melodrama, National Security Council Chief of Staff Denis McDonough said, "Not only did the president accept responsibility for it, but the president also wanted to do this as transparently as possible."

Excuse the heck out of me, but I don't equate reading from teleprompters and telling those citizenry who possess the intestinal stamina to listen to and/or watch this act that it was his fault, as freeing him from honoring his repeated promises to have C-Span cover the health-care proceedings. The latter would be transparency – Obama's comments that day were conspicuous in their attempt to cast himself as something he is not – a leader.

The Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab terrorist attack may have been an elucidating moment for Obama, but Americans didn't need him to tell us, "We are at war against … a far reaching network of violence and hatred that attacked us on Sept. 11 – that killed nearly 3,000 innocent people and that is plotting to strike us again."

We get it – but we have serious concern pursuant to the extent this truly registers in him. For the families of those murdered by terrorists – what part of it escapes them? Ask the Gold Star families whom Obama has tried to use as backdrops for his photo-ops – what part of what America is up against escapes them? America needs to be confident that when the liberal anti-war president makes a speech and claims that "[he] will do whatever it takes to defeat [the enemy]" he refuses to even identify as terrorists, it's not just another Chicago charade.

Obama and his minions were quick to label the attack as a "failed attempt," but I beg to differ. A failed attempt would have meant Abdulmutallab never boarded the plane in Amsterdam. It is Obama's flatulent narcissism that allows him to make claims of successfully keeping us safe here at home.

I don't intend to diminish law enforcement, but the apprehension of Medunjanin and Ahmedzay Zazi and the arrest of Lashkar-e-Taiba operative David Headley are more consistent with the adage that even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.

Where were the Herculean efforts to kill or arrest Nidal Malik Hasan before he murdered and wounded 43 people at Fort Hood? If Obama is truly committed to fighting terrorists, why not call it a "war on terror"? If Obama is committed to protecting our families, why is he so concerned with offending the sensitivities of terrorists? If he is committed to Americans, why is he closing Gitmo? Why is he bringing terrorists within our communities? Why is he treating Abdulmutallab and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed like rock stars guilty of little more than drug dealing and battery?

I'm tired of hearing Obama pontificate and tell us how great he is and what a superb job he is doing. I want a president and homeland security chief that don't equate conservatives and veterans with those who are consumed with our destruction. I want a president who, along with his staff, will admit that these people are maniacal heathens who should be handled with extreme prejudice in the field, and when they are taken into custody not given civilian trials after they've murdered my fellow Americans.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=121636