Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Occupy Wall Street Protestors Just Tools

Occupy Wall Street protesters just tools
    October 29, 2011 5:12 PM

http://www.yumasun.com/opinion/wall-740 ... treet.html

Occupy Wall Street — what a quaint description of the malcontents who are simply tools for organizations such as Center for American Progress, The Tides Foundation (not to be confused with the detergent) and numerous entities funded by George Soros' millions that have their own agenda.

There is nothing “spontaneousâ€
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Even the Liberal Media has to work very hard to find intelligible protesters to interview. Not hard to see why they cannot find a job. Rather than thinking for themselves and understanding the underlying reasons behind the state of our economy , which takes time and effort, they simply parrot tired cliches. I understand it takes a lot of time to paint catchy phrases on poster board , they must take turns on the bongos as you can only pound on one for so long at at a time. Someone has to gather bottles and rocks to pelt the police with. Some have to roll all those joints for the masses , and it must take a tremendous amount of effort to learn all the hand signals one must know if they are to participate in the endless councils. Leaves little time for serious thought.

I know they are unaware that over the last 20 years 40 million people have entered the country. Over the last decade there was a net job creation of 0. Manufacturing has fled, and in reality it is not that the so called rich are hoarding money, it is that the jobs the middle class used to do simply do not exist anymore. Most of these immigrants are poorly educated , but not entirely stupid. They can be trained to do many jobs Americans without degrees used to do. Not only do they displace these workers but they drive down wages for all.

Immigration policies were put in place , in part, to control the relative value between labor supply and demand . The government through it's policies regarding housing created an artificial demand. These new stimulus programs are doing the same thing. they are trying to create an artificial demand for excess labor. the analogy would be that if you were stranded in the wilderness and the only recourse for survival would be to cut off your arm , you could survive , for a while. Sooner or later you would run out of expendable parts to feast on.

It does not make sound economic policy to further tax those with capital and thus deplete that capital in the short term when long term solutions are needed. Restrictions on immigration are needed in order to restore the balance between labor and the market. Through our governments lack of attention and understanding of the supply side of labor we have a situation where available labor exceeds demand. Reagan's " Trickle Down" economics policies addressed the application of capital to the free market economy. There is a new phenomenon that escapes our leaders in what I would call the " Trickle up" theory. over saturation of the labor market depresses wages on the lower end and stifles the free flow of wealth throughout the entire stratum of the economy. those making little before , now make even less , thus affecting their purchasing power and the ability to spread more wealth within their own economic class , or to their economic peers who would provide direct products or services to them. This also has the effect of restricting purchases made affecting those higher up.

My own personal opinion is that the destruction of an economy is affected more by an attack on the wages of those earning the least rather than those earning the most. The middle half of the country spends the most and drives the economy, based on everyday needs and consumption of goods. They also create the majority of the jobs. These are the people that have been negatively affected by the influx of millions of Immigrants, who are not simply consumers of the goods and services of the original inhabitants , they are also in direct competition for production of those same goods and services.

The Immigration issue has been more based on the " cost" and legality of Illegal immigration by those on the right. And the right seems to ignore the negative effects of Legal immigration from an economic standpoint. The left relies on claims of compassion and the racist elements of the issue, while promoting the benefits of a multicultural society. It really all boils down to basic economic theory , which over time has proved to be more than just simple theory. The free market economy must be allowed to function as intended , but at the same time rational steps must be taken to insure the relative values between capital, labor, the demand for both and the costs of goods relative to the cost of production of those goods remain consistent and in balance. In today's Global economy this is even more important when competition from producers and suppliers far removed actually make them as close as next door.

As is evident with unemployment numbers today, we have far more labor available than demand for it. Artificially creating demand for this labor through government programs is not sound policy. Our government is feeding upon itself and us at the same time. While there are other factors needing attention and these protesters do have some legitimate concerns, the immigration policies of this country have affected the labor market , jobs and wages far more than most know or are willing to admit. there should be a moratorium on immigration until these issues are resolved and would have immediate positive effects for our economic situation.

Senior Member AmericanTreeFarmer's Avatar
    This post above mine would have been better broken up into paragraphs but I see little to disagree with. If I were on Facebook I would [Like] it.

Banned
    Sorry. Not a Professional writer. Just a very opinionated 7th grade dropout. just goes to show education was better 40 years ago . if I am smarter than most college grads today.