Kitten Born With Two Faces, One Body
UPDATED: 12:24 pm EDT July 17, 2006

GROVE CITY, Ohio -- A bizarre animal was discovered in Ohio last week -- a kitten was born with two faces.
The kitten was born Wednesday morning, Columbus television station WCMH. It has two mouths that meow in unison, two noses and four eyes that have not opened yet, the station said.
"I was playing outside in the rain. Once I came in, I saw a two-faced cat my mom was picking up. That's how I knew there was a two-faced cat," said Charles Roberts, the cat's owner.
Roberts said he hasn't decided on a name for the kitten yet, but said he wants to name it Tiger.
There are two other kittens from the litter, but there was only one cat born with two faces.
Charles said that the fact that the kitten has two faces does not bother him. What did bother him is that the kitten did not nurse at first. He said later that the kitten began nursing.
"I think he's cute, but I don't think he's going to live because he hasn't been chewing," Roberts said.
Dr. Shane Bateman with The Ohio State University Veterinary Hospital said a two-faced kitten is extremely rare and there's no real explanation as to why it would have happened.
Distributed by Internet Broadcasting. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.wral.com/family/9527052/deta ... 72006&ts=H