Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Official English Wins by a Landslide in Missouri

Received in email from ProEnglish
    http://www.proenglish.org

For immediate release

November 5, 2008

Official English wins by a landslide in Missouri

ARLINGTON, VA – “Voters spoke decisively Tuesday on a ballot measure in Missouri to enact English as the official language of their state government,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's Official here too.......but you'd never know. Seems until it's Federal for the entire country, there's not much good it does.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just looking for some positive news, cb.

This is good news, if for nothing else, it was supported by almost 90% of the state! That's something! ! I can only hope this measure actually has some teeth behind it and is not only some symbolic gesture that is never implemented. However, at the end of the day, symbolism is better than nothing... I suppose.

Thats great news. Lets hope all the other states will follow their lead.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Just looking for some positive news, cb.
    I know......just letting you know what the next wave will be. Trust me....I point that out every chance I get. I can't tell you how many times it's said.....well, it's not "official". I know, since we have and always have had a ton of immigrants from all over the world in this state......English was declared our "Official language" ions ago. It went smoothly till the "Spanish invasion".......but now they say it's null and void till the Federal government says so. That makes me question the whole deal then.....about a ton of our laws.........unless it's FEDERAL, it's not valid? Lets even go to Majority rules.....over 1/2 our states have English declared as the official language......we should WIN by that as well.

I mean make up your mind. Either states have an independant vote or they don't. They have the right to enforce those laws or they don't. I don't care if it's language, medicinal pot use, license plates rules or what it is. Can't handle those states rules, then don't move there. I mean we have states where it's still legal to smoke in certain places, states that crack down on seat belt laws and those that don't. Places where kids can get married and others where gays are.......I personally don't care, except for what and how it effects my life and what my options are. Just let me know where the white, basic conserative and English speaking area is, so I can live in basic peace. Heck, it doesn't even have to be white.......just people with my basic morals and values where I don't have to worry about someone comming in and destroying my life and everything I've worked for. A place where my kids would have a teacher that wasn't a nudist or a transexual wearing boas and g-strings teaching their class. Someplace where I'm not considered closed minded or racist because I want my language spoken and my laws enforced and abided by.

[quote]"The Missouri measure won by 89 percent in a state that narrowly split its presidential vote between Barack Obama and John McCain,â€

Go Missouri! We need to be united, not divided.
    ~~~

It's English-only for Missourians
    89% of voters approve making language official

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: November 08, 2008
    12:40 am Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

With support from 89 percent of the voting public, Missourians have decided English will be the official language of their state.

"Voters spoke decisively Tuesday on a ballot measure in Missouri to enact English as the official language of their state government," said K.C. McAlpin, executive director of ProEnglish.

"Our organization urged Missourians to vote 'yes' on constitutional amendment No. 1 to enshrine English as the official language in the state constitution," McAlpin said. "Unfortunately the United States is one of the few countries in the world without an official language. So having official English in a state constitution is important to protect it from being thrown out by activist judges who want to substitute their own rule for that of the people."

He said although the Missouri vote was split almost evenly between Barack Obama and John McCain, a huge majority approved the English plan.

"This landslide vote confirms national polls reflecting that a vast majority of Americans – Democrat, Republican and independent – reject costly and confusing multilingualism and support English as our nation's official language."

WND recently reported when the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 5642 in Montrose, Pa., delivered a new message for the many telemarketers who call its answering machine: Speak English.

Those who call the post when no one's around to answer the telephone will be greeted by a pleasant, female voice on the answering machine saying, "Hi, you've reached the Montrose VFW, Post 5642. We are an English-speaking, American establishment. If you do not speak English or believe in America, please hang up."

The one-story, white VFW post is a popular gathering point for veterans along Pennsylvania's Route 706, according to a WNEP-TV report. According to its post commander, the VFW's phone number is also a popular target of telemarketers, many of whom speak in broken English.

"We are living in America," Post Commander John Miner told WNEP. "We should be able to speak English."

www.worldnetdaily.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is GREAT NEWS!

Every time English as the National Language came up in the Senate it failed because of the Obama's, Clinton, Biden and Reids. Traitors to America is what they are...
    "Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy