Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OPEC Can Screw Us Good

I just don't understand how during summer we could not even find enough oil to keep gas prices below 5 bucks a gallon, and how we need more drilling and more refinery's. Now that oil is going down they CHOOSE to stop making it to screw us over at the pump and to fly and to ship stuff. How can they just artificially make up prices then regulate what they produce? It seems that we get screwed no matter what we do and no one is raising hell to take away control of this monopoly OPEC. They are criminals and they are intentionally doing what they can to funnel more money off to Anti-American country's so that those who receive our money use it to buy weapons to eventually use them against us. It sucks how we are all at these crooks mercy!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

The only way we as individuals can fight thier greed is to either drive less or buy a fuel efficient car. I had an SUV that cost me $55 to fill up in May of 2007. In May of 2008 that was up $80 to fill up. I spent an average of $220 month on gas and went about 4-500 miles a month. With my new car, I last spent $18 to fill it up and it will likely last me a month.

I can't control the price of gas, but I CAN control how much I consume. It is a relief not to be held hostage to the gas prices....at least for a while.

In August, we packed up the kids, the dog and all our stuff and took a 2,080 mile round trip to ID to visit family and the whole trip cost us $215.00 in gas. Not bad considering I could not have purchased even ONE airline ticket for that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

As long as our government is governing like a Banana Republic, we will always be at the mercy of the crooks running OPEC.

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    The only way we as individuals can fight thier greed is to either drive less or buy a fuel efficient car. I had an SUV that cost me $55 to fill up in May of 2007. In May of 2008 that was up $80 to fill up. I spent an average of $220 month on gas and went about 4-500 miles a month. With my new car, I last spent $18 to fill it up and it will likely last me a month.

I can't control the price of gas, but I CAN control how much I consume. It is a relief not to be held hostage to the gas prices....at least for a while.

In August, we packed up the kids, the dog and all our stuff and took a 2,080 mile round trip to ID to visit family and the whole trip cost us $215.00 in gas. Not bad considering I could not have purchased even ONE airline ticket for that.
    The reason why they are doing this is because of people like you that drive more fuel efficient cars!! They are penalizing you for doing the right thing. You use less so they cut the supply!!!! And when you got your new car do you have a payment? I save more money with a paid off older car that I have to pay way less taxes on every year and I have no payment and don't have to have full coverage on. In my state you have to have full coverage on a car that you have to make payments for. It seems that whatever you do you get screwed!!

Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro

The reason why they are doing this is because of people like you that drive more fuel efficient cars!! They are penalizing you for doing the right thing. You use less so they cut the supply!!!! And when you got your new car do you have a payment? I save more money with a paid off older car that I have to pay way less taxes on every year and I have no payment and don't have to have full coverage on. In my state you have to have full coverage on a car that you have to make payments for. It seems that whatever you do you get screwed!!
    Yes, I have a payment, but I also had one on the SUV. My payment is higher, but I still am saving each month on gas and coming out ahead.

People buying fuel efficient cars are not all at fault for the gas coming down. I think a lot of drivers over the summer and still now are protesting by driving less. They were forced to use mass transit when gas was high and they are still using it now that gas is low because they got used to it.

The freedom I have to travel cheaply is such peace of mind. Also, I dont feel like Im feeding the greed monster called OPEC anymore either. They can go pound sand!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro

Yes, I have a payment, but I also had one on the SUV. My payment is higher, but I still am saving each month on gas and coming out ahead.

People buying fuel efficient cars are not all at fault for the gas coming down. I think a lot of drivers over the summer and still now are protesting by driving less. They were forced to use mass transit when gas was high and they are still using it now that gas is low because they got used to it.

The freedom I have to travel cheaply is such peace of mind. Also, I dont feel like Im feeding the greed monster called OPEC anymore either. They can go pound sand!
    They suck and when people try to do things like you and save money on gas they jack up the price on you which in my book is really wrong and greedy! You should be rewarded for saving and using less that's what the govt told us all summer use less and the price goes down, so we did and now they have to cut off supply to raise prices. The greed is everywhere!!!

OPEC is a joke. They may consider themselves as an all powerful cartel of oil-producing countries, there are no announcements about the production they have agreed on which lasts for long, as plenty of members are willing to cheat by pumping just for the income. IMO, even the drug cartels are more disciplined than these guys.

Get this, I just heard on Micheal Savage that the CreamPuff Arnie is going to impose a .39 per gallon tax on gas to get us out of debt!

None of this is going to work. We have to
    DRILL HERE, DRILL NOW!!

It's the international trade system that was set up under Clinton/Gore that is screwing the common people in the U S. NAFTA, GATT, WTO. It assumes that nobody is running an illegal cartel and that everybody plays by the rules. But OPEC is an illegal cartel and is in fact at war with the world, specifically the U S. OPEC wants to set off another round of inflation. It was high oil/energy prices that led to inflation that caused the rise in interest rates that led to the financial panic melt down. This time OPEC isn't going to give the U S a chance to recover. It wants to cause hyper inflation while the U S is in a recession. That would lead to a depression and destroy U S economic power. Once the U S is out of the way Russia, China and OPEC will dominate the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast