Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OPINION: L.A. MAYOR VILLARIAGOSA: A CHICANO LOBSTER

Opinion

L.A. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa: A Chicano Lobster

by Joe Olvera

El Paso writer Joe Olvera chimes in with a column on how he thinks Antonio Villaraigosa, the mayor of Los Angeles who has recently been involved in extra-marital activities, is on of "those" people who continue to pull others back into the bucket of despair.

Posted on July 6, 2007

I wonder if Hillary Clinton will disavow Antonio Villaraigosa’s endorsement, now that his extra-marital affair has been made public. Los Angeles Mayor Villaraigosa, who opted to support Hillary Clinton for President because he doesn’t feel that New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson is “electable,â€

If it ever would revert back to us – which I doubt – I would rather create a new state – a new nation to be called Aztlan.
    Mentally sick!!! Who is 'us'? Is this guy a citizen of the US?
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

That fear is unjustified, because Chicanos don’t think like whites. I know that I, for one, would never consider returning the land to Mexico. If it ever would revert back to us – which I doubt – I would rather create a new state – a new nation to be called Aztlan.
    Well, that says all that needs to be said. Un-American!

The foolishness of these people. They didn't want the land when it was just dirt? If that were the case, the would not be indigenous peoples from Mexico(Mesos), they would be Native Americans.

If the truth be told, our tribes either drove them out or they never inhabited North America. Our Indian tribes in Texas were quite fierce and we even had cannibals on the coast. Not only does American History discredit the Reconquistas but so does Native American History. All they have is a fairy tale about the North. That’s not history, that’s a story. Ironically, ask them where south was. They are dumb enough to say Mexico City.

Sure, give it back to them the same way Israel gave the Palestinians the West Bank. Scrape it clean. The Palestinians had a fit! They got what they wanted, the West Bank. What they really lusted for were the improvements the Israelis had done to it. They didn't want it back in the condition that it was in when Israel gained control of it.

The proof in what the Reconquistas can do is just inches south of the US-Mexico border. They will do no better on this side of the border than they are on the south side.

Give them something and they will make it nothing. Look at LA.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Some people might not be aware that the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo, which ended the trumped up war between the U.S. and Mexico in 1848, resulted in Mexico losing more than one million square miles to the United States. Since then, however, there has been a fear, perhaps even some guilt over the way the land was stolen in what is considered one of the biggest land-grabs in world history. That fear is unjustified, because Chicanos don’t think like whites. I know that I, for one, would never consider returning the land to Mexico. If it ever would revert back to us – which I doubt – I would rather create a new state – a new nation to be called Aztlan.
    We Only Come to Work and Possibly Force A Secessionists Movement - Civil War Brewing?

But isn't that one of their claims of late......that they are, "in fact", Native Americans? :P

Once the inaccurate, ridiculous, and utterly assinine claims they were making was challenged using historical and geographical fact, there was a sudden shift toward them proclaiming themselves as "Indians" which, in their warped sense of thinking, has now given them the entitlement of being considered "Native Americans". I guess in keeping with this, they have now begun courting some of the tribes, at least here in AZ, and convincing them to join the cause of Reconquista so they can all be united in their "joint fight" to reclaim "their" land.

I don't know.....it must be the lead in that candy of theirs. Something is causing this type of brain damage.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    But isn't that one of their claims of late......that they are, "in fact", Native Americans? :P

Once the inaccurate, ridiculous, and utterly assinine claims they were making was challenged using historical and geographical fact, there was a sudden shift toward them proclaiming themselves as "Indians" which, in their warped sense of thinking, has now given them the entitlement of being considered "Native Americans". I guess in keeping with this, they have now begun courting some of the tribes, at least here in AZ, and convincing them to join the cause of Reconquista so they can all be united in their "joint fight" to reclaim "their" land.

I don't know.....it must be the lead in that candy of theirs. Something is causing this type of brain damage.
    that claim is proposterous. They are no more native than my white hiney.

Did you know 8% of Mexico's population is considered indigenous? these are mostly NON-spanish speaking peoples whose ancestry includes tribes that were never inter-bred with the Spaniards. Gutemala's indigenous population is more like 15% (not sure on gutemala).

At any rate, the lands they claim as theirs were Mexicos for a short period of time, before that they were Spains... so why not give them to spain?

Man this guy just came out and admited everything. And our government STILL refuses to listen?

sigh.....

Someone is always trying to make me feel guilty for being White.... Why is that? Why cant I just be a Human being? I dont define myself by my color or race. But so many others do. They are Black, Hispanic, or whatever first then American second.

Sigh........
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€