Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

? ? ? Opinions on Electronic Medical Records ? ? ?

Electronic Medical Records

Have and do all 300,000,000 Americans need or trust their medical records going from doctor to doctor electronically via the ease of insurance companies?

Let's do a for and against list:
    FOR:

ONLY IF I FORGET MY NAME

AGAINST:

OUT SOURCING ?

ID THEFT ?

EASY ON DOCTORS - THEY HAVE IT EASY ENOUGH -
    DOCTOR ALREADY DON'T WANT TO TOUCH US

QUICKER EASIER MONEY ?

HAVE YOU EVER HAD A RUDE DOCTOR OR NURSE ? OR ENTIRE DOCTOR OFFICE ?

I hope this will not fall under our radar.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't believe people understand how much of their medical records is already in electronic databases. My wife is the biller for a surgical hospital in Austin, so I do have some inside info.

Everything is put on the PC and transmitted electronically to the insurance companies including medicare. As is, your records are scattered on many computer systems throughout the medical system- doctors, hospitals, transcribers, etc.

What is missing is a central medical database. In a strange sort of way, we might have better health-care if the doc could look up your medical history on a central database. At least it would prevent people like Rush Limbaugh from obtaining multiple prescriptions from several doctors...

But I'm concerned about the privacy issues in that corporations and insurance companies would soon troll the database and be assigning a 'score' to each of us and like the FICO credit scores, and then affect whether or not we would be 'insurable' and 'employable'.

What is missing is a central medical database. In a strange sort of way, we might have better health-care if the doc could look up your medical history on a central database. At least it would prevent people like Rush Limbaugh from obtaining multiple prescriptions from several doctors...

But I'm concerned about the privacy issues in that corporations and insurance companies would soon troll the database and be assigning a 'score' to each of us and like the FICO credit scores, and then affect whether or not we would be 'insurable' and 'employable'.
    Totally valid points, have you ever had a stupid or rude medical attendant. Can you think about how hard it will to purge medical comments that are in error?

What about said opinions? Third opinions? Fourth opinions? Patients get labeled - just asked your wife.

I have seen bad situations and near death experiences due to bad judgment from the medical field.

We have enough electronic usage just by getting authorization to transfer records.

And everyone should make sure they have a hard paper copy of medical record for their own use anyway. Doctor don't like this though do they.

Electronic records can be messed with continually even after terrible accidents by doctors. Even deleted?

Is ease that great?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)