Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oxford's Master of Science Program in 'Forced Migration'

Of 22 Rhodes Scholars just announced from the United States for 2009, 3 intend to use their scholarships next year to "read for the M.Sc. in forced migration at Oxford".

http://www.rhodesscholar.org/get/7/2009 ... ebsite.pdf

Oxford Department of International Development

MSc in Forced Migration

by admin — last modified 2009-10-04 13:56

The Refugee Studies Centre (RSC), was founded in 1982. It is an integral part of ODID. The Centre carries out multi-disciplinary research, including policy relevant work, on the causes and consequences of forced migration. Research at the RSC is currently organized around the following three broad areas of investigation: Forced migration, GLOBAL ECONOMY AND GOVERNANCE; the experience and management of displacement; and institutional and normative responses to forced migration. In addition to its research programme, the Centre offers a nine-month multi-disciplinary taught Master of Science (MSc) degree course in Forced Migration.

"The MSc in Forced Migration was a fantastic intellectual and personal experience. The RSC consists of academics who are both leaders in their fields and invested in helping students pursue and develop their areas of interest and research. The other students had an extraordinary set of backgrounds and experiences, greatly contributing to classroom discussions. We became a true community of students, working together and learning from each other both in and out of the classroom."

David Muraskin
    MSc 2005-2006

"On the MSc in Forced Migration I met some exceptionally talented and dedicated individuals who inspired me, both academically and personally. It was a pleasure and a challenge to study with people of such high calibre."

Karin Afeef
    MSc 2005-2006

MSc FM Course Guide 2008-09 (PDF Format)
    MSc FM Programme Specification

http://www.qeh.ox.ac.uk/courses/mscfm

(caps above mine)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Can't wait to read the theses of the current students or past students. Forced migration occurs for four reasons I can think of off-the-cuff. First being economic in this country, then ethnic cleansing by those in power, worrying about getting bombed any day due to wars or starving to death, not necessarily in that order.
    I am just curious if their study focuses on governmental-inspired forced migration or looking at the rest of the reasons.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)