Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

PA-Ethnic tensions rise after murder of illegal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 5, 2008 NYTimes
    Mexican’s Death Bares a Town’s Ethnic Tension
    By SEAN D. HAMILL
    SHENANDOAH, Pa. — Crystal Dillman knows that four teenagers have been charged in the death of her fiancé, Luis Ramirez, that the Civil Rights Division of the Justice Department is monitoring the case and that most people in this small town in the Appalachian Mountains believe it was a horrible crime.

But Ms. Dillman, the mother of Mr. Ramirez’s two young children, is not sure justice will prevail.

“I think they might get off,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]“For many Latinos, this is a case of enough is enough,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The stories about this incident have been awfully one-sided so far. There's alot being kept out of the media. The students should be punished for killing a person, but I'd still like to hear the rest of the story.
    "

It is unfortunate, to say the least, if legal Latinos are not totally outraged at what their own countrymen that came here illegally have done to them. I know a lady from Mexico who came here legally nearly 40 years & got her citizenship, who becomes rabid at lax immigration enforcement.

[quote]Clearly there were a lot of factors here,â€

Hazleton’s mayor, Lou Barletta, said he saw no connection to his town’s ordinance, which was scrapped after the town lost a court battle.
    That's a horribly misleading statement. That law was not "scrapped" it is still waiting for its turn in the appellate court.
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    The stories about this incident have been awfully one-sided so far. There's alot being kept out of the media. The students should be punished for killing a person, but I'd still like to hear the rest of the story.
    M, you could read the articles at http://papundits.com (type "wendi" intot he search bar). There are 3 articles there that tell more of the story.
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

Quote Originally Posted by SeaTurtle
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    M, you could read the articles at http://papundits.com (type "wendi" intot he search bar). There are 3 articles there that tell more of the story.
    Thanks SeaTurtle!
    I see alot of holes in this story.

Somehow Ramirez was able to use his cell phone while allegedly being beat up? Is that even possible?

[quote]Victor and I, and about two minutes later he called us and told us to come back, that people were beating him up. So we get back as fast as we could. And when we get there, he was—like the fight was over, like the boys were walking away, but they were still screaming like racial slurs, like “Go back to Mexico!â€
    "