Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Panic Time in North Carolina

Panic Time in North Carolina

Sarah Palin thrilled the GOP this week in St. Paul, reminding more than a few GOP veterans of how Elizabeth Dole wowed them at the 1996 Republican convention in San Diego. Too bad Mrs. Dole wasn't there to enjoy it. She skipped this week's festivities to focus on her re-election battle against state Senator Kay Hagan in what has become a must-watch race.

Elizabeth Dole

And for good reason: A new poll by a Democratic firm shows Mrs. Hagan with a five-point lead, echoing a host of recent polls that show a tight race getting tighter. Mrs. Dole is the biggest star on the North Carolina stage now that John Edwards is in disgrace. Chapel Hill-based venture capitalist Alston Gardner emailed us to explain why she's in trouble: "Much like John Edwards, she's just another pretty face that hasn't delivered for the citizens and leaders of North Carolina. Her focus has always been on a national audience and not doing the less glamorous, but politically necessary constituent services." Ouch.

On Wednesday Mrs. Dole launched her first attack ad against her opponent. The spot portrays Ms. Hagan as a yapping dog and calls her "Fibber Kay," and defends Mrs. Dole as "one of the 10 most admired women in the world" whose "clout works wonders for North Carolina." The campaign also turned up the heat over a scheduled fundraiser for Ms. Hagan in two weeks hosted by author Wendy Kaminer, whose real estate developer husband is a board member of the Secular Coalition for America. Says a Dole press release: "Kay Hagan does not represent the values of this state; she is a Trojan horse for a long list of wacky left-wing outside groups bent on policies that would horrify most North Carolinians if they knew about it."

Husband Bob Dole, who did make an appearance on the Xcel Center floor before Mrs. Palin's speech, told the Washington Post that he's been busy on the trail supporting his wife as well. "I'm spending three days a week down there helping out," he said. "I just work the side streets. I don't go down Main Street."

Partly to assist in North Carolina, the cash-strapped National Republican Senatorial Committee on Tuesday pulled its ads from New Mexico, abandoning Republican Rep. Steve Pearce in his own fight with Rep. Tom Udall for the retiring Pete Domenici's seat. Bottom line: The Republican triage has begun and Election Day is still two months away.
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1220678 ... ical_diary
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dole needs to tell me again about E-Verify and Closing the borders.

And why both are necessary.

Related source concerns I-9 information - might explain:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-131433-.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    Dole needs to tell me again about E-Verify and Closing the borders.

And why both are necessary.
    Dole is in favor of both, including NO AMNESTY or DREAM Act for illegal aliens.

A few years back when the Republicans were in-charge why didn't they do something about illegal immigration, then? When Bush first was elected they were in control, weren't they?

Many are guilty of being traitors and committing treason in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    A few years back when the Republicans were in-charge why didn't they do something about illegal immigration, then? When Bush first was elected they were in control, weren't they?

True, however; WE the people were kept in the dark about just how huge the problem really was. That's no longer the case now, thank goodness and WE are DEMANDING enforcement.
    "

MW
    vmonkey wrote:

What does this have to do with Sen. Dole? Check her voting record and then report back with the problems you have with her. You can't blame one person for the problems we're having. Sen. Dole has been great on the issue. Her "A" recent and "A" career grade at NumbersUSA didn't happen by accident.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I may vote for Dole, as she has done quite a bit to bring an immigration court to Charlotte, but that does not necessarily mean that I endorse the McCain/Palin ticket.

Check Doles record on CAFTA and how she sold out Jobs for her corporate buddies with her yes vote on CAFTA.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Why can't our elected official tell us again and again? I never get tired of hearing what the elected official think.

About illegal and legal migration into America.