Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Patriot Act Cloture vote scheduled for 5pm Monday in Senate

Action Alert! Patriot Act Cloture vote scheduled for 5pm Monday in Senate

By: rp12
    Saturday May 21, 2011 8:30 pm

I am a Ron Paul supporter, and have had an account here for a year or so. This is the first time I’ve posted, but I don’t see a post on this and may have information you don’t.

Rand Paul in February objected to an attempt at unanimous consent to extend the Patriot Act without a vote (on motion, without objection.) That meant it has to go through a vote and cloture for the first time since the first time it was up, right after 9/11. However, they called for a cloture vote for 5pm Monday, when Rand Paul was supposed to be out of D.C. I get the impression he now intends to be there, from the way the Campaign for Liberty email was written, but it doesn’t expressly say so. The relevant language is:

Dear Patriot,

On Thursday, Speaker John Boehner and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell collaborated with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in a backroom pact to extend the so-called “Patriotâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    Related Thread Here
    Congress to vote on extending Patriot Act
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-238800-patriot.html+acts

working4change
    Related Video Here

Stop The Patriot Act

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqt38HCeFXA