Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pelosi buys $16K worth of flowers

Pelosi buys $16K worth of flowers
    By Mike Soraghan
    December 12, 2007
    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has spent $16,000 on flowers since taking office, one reason why she spent 63 percent more in her high-profile inaugural year than her low-key predecessor did last year.

Pelosi (D-Calif.) spent a little more than $3 million in the first nine months of 2007, records show, compared to the $1.8 million Rep. Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) spent during the same period in 2006.

Republicans are spending more as well. House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) has increased spending 23 percent above what Pelosi spent when she held the same job. That would be 16 percent if some of Hastert’s closing-out costs were deducted.

The spending patterns indicate Pelosi is seeking to restore the Speaker’s role as a counterweight to the president and reclaim some of the responsibilities Hastert had ceded to his aggressive majority leader, Tom DeLay (R-Texas). Because of their different roles, Pelosi aides say it is unfair to simply compare Pelosi’s spending to Hastert’s.

“When Speaker Pelosi took the gavel, it was an historic moment. In the days since, the Speaker has hosted leaders from across the country and around the world — opening the People’s House to the people and discussing the work of the 110th Congress,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

JAK
    This is ridiculous!!! Easy to spend... WHEN IT ISN'T YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Pelosi is a mult-millionaire. She doesn't need to spend MY money on flowers. She can spend her own money to impress people.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

These people seem to think they are royalty, rather than our employees.

JAK
    These people need to be held accountable for spending taxpayer dollars for things such as this ... just to make themselves LOOK GOOD... and that's the only reason someone would spend this KIND OF MONEY ON CRAP LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Heck, if I slimy lizard I could hire illegals in my floor covering business (much like her vineyards in CA) and not match their SS and other payroll taxes; I might have 16K to use for flowers as well.

Hmmmmmmm, imagination running wild now.. I would love to have 16K to send black carnations to Bush, Cheney, Clinton, Graham, McCain, Kennedy, Huckabee, Pelosi; wow the list goes on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    Heck, if I slimy lizard I could hire illegals in my floor covering business (much like her vineyards in CA) and not match their SS and other payroll taxes; I might have 16K to use for flowers as well.

Hmmmmmmm, imagination running wild now.. I would love to have 16K to send black carnations to Bush, Cheney, Clinton, Graham, McCain, Kennedy, Huckabee, Pelosi; wow the list goes on and on.
    Wouldn't it be great to catch Pelosi hiring illegals. I would LOVE IT.

Banned
    I havent spent $16K on flowers in whole my life and i by my wife flowers and funerals flowers and such all the time...

I imagine in my lifetime I have spent probably $700. on flowers, lol.... I have kids to educate, I have taxes to pay, mortgage payments, house payments, car payments... Damnnnnnnnnnn I wish I were an illegal immigrant.

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    I havent spent $16K on flowers in whole my life and i by my wife flowers and funerals flowers and such all the time...
    Of course you did. You bought Nancy's flowers. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast