Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pelosi: Make millionaires pay (backing off of lower inc. tax

Oh Pelosi, listening to an interview with her is painful. Reading about one is equally hard to get through. How can this person be third in line for the presidency? After reading this, will the driven, the successful, the achievers of America finally band together and use their influence to wake up the rest of us? I read somewhere that the constitution states you can not unfairly tax one group over another. Surely this is a pure example of that. I've already read about some small businesses that have chosen not to expand because of this -'Atlas shrugged.'

Pelosi: Make millionaires pay
    By: Mike Allen
    July 20, 2009 04:07 AM EST

Trying to sell a historic health bill to a balky caucus, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told POLITICO in an interview that she wants to soften a proposed surcharge on the wealthy so that it applies only to families that make $1 million or more.

The change could help mollify the conservative Democrats who expect to have a tough time selling the package back home. Their support is the single biggest key to meeting the speaker’s goal of having health care reform pass the House by the August recess.

The bill now moving through the House would raise taxes for individuals with annual adjusted gross incomes of $280,000, or families that make $350,000 or more.

“I’d like it to go higher than it is,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Pelosi: Make millionaires pay (backing off of lower inc. tax

Oh Pelosi, listening to an interview with her is painful. Reading about one is equally hard to get through. How can this person be third in line for the presidency? After reading this, will the driven, the successful, the achievers of America finally band together and use their influence to wake up the rest of us? I read somewhere that the constitution states you can not unfairly tax one group over another. Surely this is a pure example of that. I've already read about some small businesses that have chosen not to expand because of this -'Atlas shrugged.'

Pelosi: Make millionaires pay
    By: Mike Allen
    July 20, 2009 04:07 AM EST

Trying to sell a historic health bill to a balky caucus, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told POLITICO in an interview that she wants to soften a proposed surcharge on the wealthy so that it applies only to families that make $1 million or more.

The change could help mollify the conservative Democrats who expect to have a tough time selling the package back home. Their support is the single biggest key to meeting the speaker’s goal of having health care reform pass the House by the August recess.

The bill now moving through the House would raise taxes for individuals with annual adjusted gross incomes of $280,000, or families that make $350,000 or more.

“I’d like it to go higher than it is,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]It sounds like you’re in the neighborhood. So I just want to remove all doubt. You hear ‘$500,000 a year,’ you think, ‘My God, that’s not me.’â€

[quote]It sounds like you’re in the neighborhood. So I just want to remove all doubt. You hear ‘$500,000 a year,’ you think, ‘My God, that’s not me.’â€

Interesting

Possible Voting Tomorrow Busy Time Today , EVERYONE

Sotomayor could get Graham endorsement
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-926360.html#926360

Interesting

Possible Voting Tomorrow Busy Time Today , EVERYONE

Sotomayor could get Graham endorsement
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-926360.html#926360