Thread: PELOSI 'MUGGED'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

PELOSI 'MUGGED'

THIS ARTICLE REALLY ALARMED ME. A REVEREND TELLS HOW HOUSE SPEAKER PELOSI TOLD HIM SHE WAS MUGGED (meaning political pressure NOT TO LIGHT THE DC CHRISTMAS TREE). IT SEEMS THERE IS A VERY SERIOUS WAR AGAINST CHRISTMAS.

HOLIDAY BLUES
    Pelosi 'mugged' for emphasizing 'Christ' at Christmas event?
    Reverend says attack on House speaker is proof of relentless war on Christian holiday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: December 11, 2008
    12:00 am Eastern

By Chelsea Schilling
    © 2008 WorldNetDaily

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.

Was House Speaker Nancy Pelosi "mugged" for taking sides in the war on Christmas?

Pelosi was a guest speaker at the annual U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree lighting ceremony Dec. 2. She reminded the crowd of "all the gifts God has given us and how blessed we are" and asked Americans to pray for world peace.

With the help of Chris Gabrielsen, a fourth grader from Montana, she lit the 70-foot subalpine fir from Montana's Bitterroot National Forest – with energy-saving LED bulbs to "fight global warming."

The crowd cheered and the Air Force band played "O Christmas Tree" and "Joy to the World."

But then something curious happened.

VIP guest Rev. Rob Schenck of Faith and Action, a Capitol Hill missionary, said he approached Pelosi to thank her for keeping "Christ-mas" as the Capitol, according to AOL News. He emphasized the word "Christ."

Pelosi reportedly smiled and shook his hand. Schenck said he started to walk away, but Pelosi followed him. Then she captured his attention by putting her hand on his arm.

"You know, I got mugged for that," she told the reverend.

Schenck said he didn't read into her statement.

"At first I didn't understand what Mrs. Pelosi was saying, so I simply nodded and thanked her again," Schenck said, according to Christian News Wire.

U.S. Capitol's 2008 Christmas tree

But he said Pelosi persisted.

According to Schenck, with a serious look on her face, Pelosi said, "No, you ought to know, I really got mugged for that."

He said her expression showed "consternation" and "frustration."

Schenck said he believes Pelosi was speaking about the political price she paid for participating in the Christmas celebration when she used the term "mugged."

"She obviously took some political heat for it. For that, Nancy Pelosi deserves to be commended, and I made sure I did so."

The reverend called the incident further proof of the ongoing battle against the Christian holiday.

"If one of the most liberal, arguably left-wing political leaders in our country, the woman third in succession to the presidency, is getting pummeled for lighting a Christmas tree and allowing Christmas carols on the lawn of the Capitol, that would qualify as a war against Christmas."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... geId=83249
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What the heck is going on? Get the undocumented out of our country. America is under several types of invasions, hang in there citizens.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If Pelosi had been truly mugged, she would have to change parties and positions.

"A Conservative is a Liberal that got mugged" I love that quote, does anyone know who originally said that?

W

April
    Patriots need here! Please join in!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-817911.html#817911

MW
    One good deed does not erase numerous bad ones. Heck, I wouldn't even call it a 'good deed' - sounds more like doing something that the majority of the voting population would expect.

I wish someone would nozzle her mug.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn