Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Pelosi Says Healthcare Protests May Turn Violent

Pelosi Says Healthcare Protests May Turn Violent

Thursday, September 17, 2009 12:25 PM

WASHINGTON -- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says she worries that angry rhetoric over President Barack Obama's effort to remake the nation's health care system could incite violence.

Speaking to reporters Thursday, the California Democrat was asked whether she was worried about the tone of the debate. She said it reminded her of the "frightening" rhetoric over gay rights that roiled San Francisco in the 1970s and culminated in the murders of Supervisor Harvey Milk and Mayor George Moscone.

She says those spouting hateful rhetoric must take responsibility for any "incitement" they might cause.

The public anger during health care town hall meetings in August spilled into the House last week when South Carolina Republican Joe Wilson shouted "You lie!" at Obama during his speech. On a largely party-line vote, the House reprimanded Wilson.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/us_p ... ode=8938-1
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Watch what happens within a week.........

I've said it once and I'll say it again, whenever these toads WANT something to happen, they go public with statements such as this and within a matter of days it materializes.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

She says those spouting hateful rhetoric must take responsibility for any "incitement" they might cause.

Pelosi would be wise to remember these words! It is the government and the fringe media who are spouting hateful rhetoric against the American people calling us angry mobs, nazis, racists...should I go on Ms. Pelosi?? Lest you forget, we employ you and those that incite this violence. We will soon remove you from office and possibly try you for crimes against the Constitution. Can we make this any more clear to you, soon to be FORMER speaker of the House? The clock is ticking.....
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

ELE

Pelosi's transparency for evil is glaring

Pelosi has been goading the American people ever since Obama got into office. She obviously wants to make us so angry that we become violent so she and the gov't can sendin Obama's troops ( comprised of amerocorp and Union thugs) to suppress us and/or to put us in FEMA concentration camps and/or kill us.

Pelosi hasn't seen anything yet. Her constant "poking" at Americans will incite violence- no doubt. Gerald Celente's predictions for 2012 might happen sooner than he thought!

i guess she forgot about the attack in St Louid by the SEIU thug on the black guy passing out "dont tread on me" flags?

shes a month too late, AGAIN

guess she forgot about the attack in St Louid by the SEIU thug on the black guy passing out "dont tread on me" flags?
    No, I think she remembers it. That is why she is predicting violence at future rallies. SEIU will be there. By the way, what does SEIU stand for? S if for STUPID, E is for EVIL, I is for IGNORANT, and U is for UNAMERICAN.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

Pelosi worried about angry health care rhetoric

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that the anti-government rhetoric over President Barack Obama's health care reform effort is troubling because it reminds her of the violent debate over gay rights that roiled San Francisco in the 1970s.

Anyone voicing hateful or violent rhetoric, she told reporters, must take responsibility for the results.

"I have concerns about some of the language that is being used because I saw this myself in the late '70s in San Francisco," Pelosi said, suddenly speaking quietly. "This kind of rhetoric was very frightening" and created a climate in which violence took place, she said.

Former San Francisco Supervisor Dan White was convicted of the 1978 murders of Mayor George Moscone and Supervisor Harvey Milk, a gay rights activist. Other gay rights activists and others at the time saw a link between the assassinations and the violent debate over gay rights that had preceded them for years.

During a rambling confession, White was quoted as saying, "I saw the city as going kind of downhill." His lawyers argued that he was mentally ill at the time. White committed suicide in 1985.

Pelosi is part of a generation of California Democrats on whom the assassinations had a searing effect. A resident of San Fransisco, Pelosi had been a Democratic activist for years and knew Milk and Moscone. At the time of their murders, she was serving as chairwoman of her party in the northern part of the state.

On Thursday, Pelosi was answering a question about whether the current vitriol concerned her. The questioner did not refer to the murders of Milk or Moscone, or the turmoil in San Francisco three decades ago. Pelosi referenced those events on her own and grew uncharacteristically emotional.

"I wish that we would all, again, curb our enthusiasm in some of the statements that are made," Pelosi said. Some of the people hearing the message "are not as balanced as the person making the statement might assume," she said.

"Our country is great because people can say what they think and they believe," she added. "But I also think that they have to take responsibility for any incitement that they may cause."

Pelosi's office did not immediately respond to a request for examples of contemporary statements that reminded the speaker of the rhetoric of 1970s San Francisco.

The public anger during health care town hall meetings in August spilled into the House last week when South Carolina Republican Joe Wilson shouted "You lie!" at Obama, the nation's first black president, during his speech. On a largely party-line vote, the House reprimanded Wilson.

The tone of the protests has sparked a debate over whether the criticism of Obama, the nation's first black president, is really about his race. Former President Jimmy Carter has said he thinks the vitriol is racially motivated, but Obama does not believe that, a White House spokesman said.

Asked about Pelosi's remarks Thursday, House Republican Leader John Boehner said he hasn't seen evidence that any of the public anger could lead to violence. And he took issue with Carter's remarks.

"I reject this resoundingly," Boehner told reporters, noting that he and other Republicans called Obama's election last year a defining moment for the nation. "The outrage that we see in America has nothing to do with race," Boehner said. "It has everything to do with the policies that he is promoting."

http://bit.ly/2TBDKi
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

As much as I can't stand Pelosi, she is right. The crazies are out in full force right now and need to be stopped. They need to be stopped just as much as Pelosi needs to be stopped.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Quote Originally Posted by jshhmr
    As much as I can't stand Pelosi, she is right. The crazies are out in full force right now and need to be stopped. They need to be stopped just as much as Pelosi needs to be stopped.
    I guess that I'm one of the crazies. One of the angry mob.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast