Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

People shouldn't fear health law or Medicare

Opinion

People shouldn't fear health law or Medicare

A USA TODAY reader from Bluffton, S.C., talked about senior citizens opposing the health care law because Medicare is a "bureaucratic nightmare." Medicare in Bluffton must be different from that in Columbia, S.C. ("Accept nothing less than full repeal of health care law," Letters, Wednesday).

READ LETTER: Accept nothing less than full repeal of health care law

I have been on Medicare for eight years. I suffer from atrial fibrilation, have had two heart ablations and several emergency room visits. No one in the government seems to be interested in not paying my bills or telling me which doctor to visit. What's not to like about that? I do not see where the health care law is going to affect me, or most seniors on Medicare.

I choose my own doctors and have gone to the best here in Columbia. This senior is not against Medicare or the health care law.

Edward F. Young; Columbia, S.C.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/le ... _ST1_N.htm
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I for one am afraid of Medicare. There are way too many doctors that don't accept Medicare patients.

We keep hearing over and over the crisis around Medicare and how it is going to fail. We keep hearing it referred to as a entitlement. After dealing with my ailing mother and her medical expenses and medicare I have reason for my concerns. What I did not know and most Americans do not realize is that Americans have no choice but to go on Medicare.

I did not realize this until my 64th birthday. On my birthday I received notice from my healthplan that I would have to go on Medicare at age 65 and that they would be my secondary coverage. Failure to go on Medicare would cause me to lose my health benefits. I have no choice, so how is this an entitlement?

My mother is will be 91 this month. She has been on Medicare since she was 65 and has no complaints about her doctors or the service she has gotten.

I have had Medicare for a little over a year and have no complaints so far, except that they keep wanting to give me more test and services than want. I just tell them, "No thank. I'll call you if I need anything."
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn