Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Perry Surges Ahead Of The GOP Field

Rasmussen Poll: Perry Surges Ahead Of The GOP Field

Kyle Leighton | August 16, 2011, 2:01PM

Rick Perry has had an eventful four days. On the heels of his official announcement, first appearances as a candidate seeking the GOP nomination and even his first splash with a controversial position, Perry has impressed a lot of Republican voters: a new national Rasmussen survey has him taking the lead in the GOP primary, far outside the margin of error.

The poll shows that Perry is now the first choice of 29 percent of the GOP voters surveyed, with former Mass. Gov. Mitt Romney with 18 percent, and Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) in third with 13 percent. As with any nomination process, state polling in the first contests will be of the most importance. But Perry's surge past the rest of the field is remarkable: by contrast, Bachmann showed more and more strength in national polls as her campaign ramped up, but only overtook Romney in one poll, by a single point.

As for the rest of the field, Rep. Ron Paul registered 9 percent, businessman Herman Cain got 6 percent, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich had 5 percent, along with former Senator Rick Santorum (R-PA) and former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr. who got 1 percent each.

Perry has jumped eleven points in the last two weeks, as the previous Rasmussen GOP primary survey had Romney at 22 percent, Perry at 18 percent, and Bachmann at 16 percent, suggesting that he's drawing supporters away from both of those candidates. Two polls from last week, one from Fox News and another from CNN had shown Romney with a small lead.

The new Rasmussen poll used automated telephone interviews with 1,000 likely GOP primary voters on August 15th and has a margin of error of plus or minus 3 percent.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011 ... -field.php
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

How come

How come I am never included in these so called Rasmussen polls, nor ANYONE that I know.

Sounds like a bunch of crap to me as Perry Stinks to high heaven to begin with.

Re: How come

Quote Originally Posted by PaulRevere9
    How come I am never included in these so called Rasmussen polls, nor ANYONE that I know.

I never get included in these polls either! And I agree, this is what they WANT us to believe... Perry is THEIR choice. Just my own opinion...

Re: How come

Quote Originally Posted by PaulRevere9

A few years back I used to get survey calls from them.
    I answered a few but then they got to calling 3 or 4 times a week so I just started hanging up on them. After awhile they stopped calling.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Rasmussen Reports

From Wikipedia

Founded

Founder(s)
    Scott Rasmussen

Headquarters

Asbury Park, New Jersey, United States

Products
    Opinion polling, news

Website
    www.rasmussenreports.com

Rasmussen Reports is an American media company that publishes and distributes information based on public opinion polling. Founded by pollster Scott Rasmussen in 2003, the company updates daily indexes including the President's job approval rating, and provides public opinion data, analysis, and commentary, along with coverage of business, economic, and lifestyle issues. The company claims to have the "most comprehensive public opinion data" and uses the slogan, "If it's in the news, it's in our polls".[1]

History

Scott Rasmussen founded the polling company, GrassRoots Research, in 1995. His company, Rasmussen Research, was bought by TownPagesNet.com for about $4.5 million in ordinary shares in 1999.[2] In 2003, Rasmussen founded Rasmussen Reports, based in Asbury Park, New Jersey; he is currently the president of the company.[1][3]

Rasmussen Reports polls make use of automated public opinion polling, involving pre-recorded telephone inquiries.[4] These types of polls are believed to produce results at low cost, although some traditional pollsters are skeptical of this methodology and prefer traditional, operator-assisted polling techniques.[5] In addition to political polling, Rasmussen provides public opinion data, analysis, and commentary, along with coverage of business, economic, and lifestyle issues. He describes himself as a market-driven public opinion pollster.[6]

Today

Rasmussen Reports, an electronic media organization, publishes editorial content several times daily on a news cycle. Its content is primarily based upon the company’s independent public opinion surveys, the topics for which are inspired by the week’s media headlines. The company’s Web site, www.RasmussenReports.com, reports on politics, business, and lifestyle issues.

Rasmussen Reports and Gallup are consistently ranked 1 and 2 by Alexa.com in terms of web traffic among public opinion firms. Rasmussen has a larger social media following: over 80,000 follow the company on Twitter and over 25,000 are Facebook fans. The firm also releases a free daily e-newsletter.

Rasmussen Reports and Gallup are the only two firms that produce daily tracking polls. Both measure the President’s Job Approval on a daily basis. Gallup measures the Approval among all adults while Rasmussen measures it among Likely Voters. Generally, polls of all adults produce results that are more favorable to Democrats than polls of Likely Voters. However, the ratings produced by both firms are quite similar and show the same trends. Each week, Rasmussen Reports updates a Generic Congressional Ballot Poll and a measure of whether the country is heading in the right direction.

Since 2009, Rasmussen Reports has tracked attitudes about the health care reform legislation on a weekly basis. Since the bill became law, Rasmussen Reports has consistently measured support for repeal of the law. The company also provides regular updates on topics including global warming and energy issues, housing, the war on terror, the mood of America, Congress and the Supreme Court, importance of issues, partisan trust and trends.

Rasmussen Reports frequently reports polls showing the gap between what it labels "Mainstream Voters" and the what it labels the "Political Class". Often, the gap between the Rasmussen-identified Mainstream and the Political Class is bigger than the gap between Republicans and Democrats.

In the business realm, Rasmussen Reports released daily updates of Consumer and Investor Confidence with daily tracking back to 2002. The broad trends are similar to measures produced by the Conference Board and University of Michigan, but Rasmussen is the only consumer confidence measure updated daily. The firm also releases a monthly Rasmussen Employment Index, a U.S. Consumer Spending Index and Small Business Watch, sponsored by Discover and a Financial Security Index, sponsored by Country Financial Insurance.

Rasmussen Reports generates revenue by selling advertising, sponsorships, and Platinum Service subscriptions.

All field work (the automated survey calls) for Rasmussen Reports polls is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, a firm that licensed methodology developed by Scott Rasmussen and uses of automated public opinion polling, involving pre-recorded telephone surveys.

Use

Polls by Rasmussen Reports are cited regularly by multiple major news sources, and Rasmussen has appeared as a guest analyst on a number of news broadcasts, including the Fox News Channel, the BBC, CNN, NPR, and CNBC and local television affiliates. However, MSNBC does not use Rasmussen polls.[7]

The firm has also has been featured on prominent television entertainment programs such as The Colbert Report, The Tonight Show, Gossip Girl and The West Wing.

Scott Rasmussen is a frequent radio guest analyst and was named the 15th most desired radio guest during 2010 out of more than 1,000 potential guests.

Rasmussen polls have been cited in national print publications including the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times, The Boston Globe, Investor’s Business Daily, The Christian Science Monitor, US News & World Report, Sports Illustrated, and other major publications.

Trade publications have also referenced the company's data, including Advertising Age, Adweek, BrandWeek, the Radio & Television Business Report and Variety.

Conservative media frequently refers to Rasmussen, praising them for being the first to ask about a relevant issue or to ask questions that other pollsters do not.[8][9] The anti-war organization After Downing Street commissioned a Rasmussen poll on support, or lack thereof, for the impeachment of President Bush.[10]

Rasmussen Reports surveys are referred to by those that could be considered U.S. opinion leaders, from media personalities to Congress to the White House. According to The New York Times Magazine, the White House Political Director reported on Rasmussen’s results directly to President Obama's chief of staff Rahm Emanuel.[11] The Washington Post reported that Rasmussen’s polls “set off alarm bells inside the Oval Office, according to a senior administration official, who would not be quoted by name discussing private deliberations within the White House.â€
    NO AMNESTY

"Recently, Texas governor Rick Perry distanced himself from George W. Bush by saying 'I went to Texas A&M; he went to Yale.'... In other words, Rick Perry's idea of instilling confidence is to say 'Don't worry, I'm not as smart as George W. Bush.'"
    Conan O'Brien
    NO AMNESTY