Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Phone Call To Twin Labs Vitamin Company

I recently phoned Twin Labs Vitamin Company to ask where there vitamins are made and where they get the ingredients to make them. I was told that that one of the problems is that even if Twin Lab buys ingredients from a US supplier, they have no way of knowing if the supplier has purchased the ingredients from another country. The only way to solve this problem is to keep Chinese products from coming into the country in the first place. The rep from Twin Labs suggested I write to the FDA and the Federal Trade Commission about this matter.

I think we should all write letters to the FDA and the Federal Trade Commission telling them that we want them to stop trading food and drug products with China because China has shown over and over that they cannot be trusted to provide safe products.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

I tried to contact Kellogg today to voice opposition to vitamin material from China in their cereals. We need to all be concerned. Why should they care what they put in our food, especially since it passes through so many hands before it reaches us and can be disguised.

This is getting to be more and more outrageous -

We are going to be left with nothing made in America and all of our food sources at risk to contamination, disease, terrorism, etc.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for bringing this up!
    'Tolerance' just means 'Take it!'
    It's not about conforming your mind to reality — but conforming reality to your mind (your mind over matter, not matter over you).

Phone call to Twin Labs Vitamin Company

Hi,

This a.m. was listening to Washington Journal as well as yesterday afternoon.

Yesterday, Ralph Nader said that in the year 2002, there was a bill introduced (I believe it was 2002), requiring labeling "Country of Origin Labels."

Also heard, that in 2008, this bill is coming up before the Senate again. This I heard on Washington Journal (c-span) this a.m.

If you type in a search Country of Origin labels, you come up with an
    http://www.regulations.gov and from here can read different regs. and there is a section of previous ones, as well as a comments section if the topic is currently open for comments. Some are open until August, others September.

Another search for "consumerfed.org" gives some further information.

In one of the above two, there is a Dept. of Agriculture Cool Labeling section. (Agricultural Marketing Service) You can email them at an address shown: cool@usda.gov, as well as leaving comments. This cool labeling refers to labeling country of origin for lamb, beef, etc. Also a section on fish, shellfish.

It was stated this morning that 80% of Vit. C products come from China.

I'm going to contact a company "Solaray." We purchase several of their items at our local health food store. (Vitamins/Minerals) China is most pervasive in our foods, vitamins, dog food, supplementations, etc.

Another thing which I'm going to do, is start purchasing some veggies and whatever fruits may be sold at our local farmers sales stands. Food grown locally.

One woman called in this a.m. and stated she was a victim of falling ill from e-coli, from lettuce purchased as having come from Mexico. She was on a respirator for 30 days. Her dogs now have kidney disorders from the dog food they had eaten.

I cannot remember, but some time back, there was an authoritative individual on c-span, from some government office or consumer watch who stated: "The recent spinach e-coli sicknesses was traced to the "human strain" of e-coli, not animal."

Leads me to believe we're fed all kinds of garbage from all avenues!

Scept

I read labels on almost everything. What bothers me, a package will state 'distributed by -----" and give some company in America. That pretty much means it isn't made here - but would most people realize that?

So we have all the new viruses that are being brought in - and now we have China poisoning us - what next? Everyone can't grow their own garden and raise their own meat

What is our government up to?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)