Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Plainfield woman flies U.S. flag upside down to send distres

Plainfield woman flies U.S. flag upside down to send distress call to leaders
    Move upsets some neighbors

By Joel Hood | Tribune reporter
    December 5, 2008

Debra Brzostowski of Plainfield, Ill., has turned the American flag flying on the front of her house upside down to protest the U.S. government's bailout of failing banks. (Tribune photo by Scott Strazzante / December 4, 200

Like many Americans, Debra Brzostowski says she's disgusted that the government has so generously given to rich Wall Street bankers when struggling homeowners have gotten so little in these tough economic times.

To channel that frustration, the small-business owner has written her local representatives in Congress. She's also written the vice president, the president and the president-elect. When she got no response, Brzostowski did the only other thing in her power to do: She turned the American flag flying outside her home upside down.

"This is a distress call to the government," said Brzostowski, 38. "I'm a proud American and I've always supported my government, but there are too many people like me hurting right now."

That simple, and silent, protest has already ruffled a few feathers in the 2500 block of Paradise Circle in unincorporated Plainfield, where the Brzostowski family lives. Some neighbors accuse her of being unpatriotic and have told her to fly the flag correctly or take it down.

Video http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... 4211.story

The flag flap Video "It's extremely disrespectful," said Jennifer Hillary, who lives down the street from Brzostowski. "We're all feeling the constraints of the economy. I feel like part of the reason we're in this situation is because we're not united as a country. It drives me nuts what she's doing."

But neither the pressure from neighbors nor the flood of menacing phone calls or insulting e-mails has broken Brzostowski's resolve. On a MySpace page she created

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... 4211.story
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The flag flap Video "It's extremely disrespectful," said Jennifer Hillary, who lives down the street from Brzostowski. "We're all feeling the constraints of the economy. I feel like part of the reason we're in this situation is because we're not united as a country. It drives me nuts what she's doing."

I could not agree more that we're not united as a country.

So here's a suggestion for Jen........in the spirit of unity with your neighbor and fellow American, instead of condemning what she's doing, why not try joining her efforts? Until you're willing to do so, then you have no right to lecture about a country united.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    So here's a suggestion for Jen........in the spirit of unity with your neighbor and fellow American, instead of condemning what she's doing, why not try joining her efforts? Until you're willing to do so, then you have no right to lecture about a country united.
    I totally agree, every American who flies our flag should flip the flag in protest! I will do mine today.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    I totally agree, every American who flies our flag should flip the flag in protest! I will do mine today.
    It might get alot of attention if everyone did. There is alot of reasons to fly the flag symbolizing distress. The Bailouts and illegal immigration are 2 reasons. This country is in distress.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Maybe this could turn into a real campaign to encourage Americans to speak out against what is happening and send a message.

I think it's an idea worthwhile for Alipac to consider getting behind and promoting.